Coronavirus Thread Political

Goal = 1,000,000 test kits by the end of the week

Actual = 75,000 test kits by the end of the week

Winning?

https://twitter.com/juliennethinks/status/1235613211174543362

1 Like

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica. Fact

The issue was that the administration said they wanted to have a million Corona Flu tests by the end of the week. The FDA said on Sunday that they would have the capacity to test 10,000 a day by the end of the week. That was Sunday…On Monday the President, the Administration says they want a million. The FDA was right, the Administration and the President was DEAD WRONG on the capacity to test for Corona Flu by the end of the week.

FACT.

2 Likes

Yep. This is the damn problem too. We have the President winging it on something that is serious and literally is life or death for some Americans. Making wild promises that are impossible to fulfill. Downplaying the potential concerns for some Americans, rather than giving a sober assessment of the facts. Suggesting there are hundreds of thousands of Americans currently infected and are going to work and not the doctor, and that is just fine because they will personally survive. Showing zero concern for who it may be spread to. This is dangerous crap here.

2 Likes

What bothers me is that he keeps being told by the professionals that what he is saying is wrong, the FDA said on Face the Nation last Sunday that they would have the capacity to test 10,000 people a day by tomorrow or so. That would be 70,000 per week. And the capacity to test for Corona Flu would rise to 20 K per day by the end of the next week. which would be 140 K per week. So yeah…maybe over a period of 6 to 8 weeks you could test for a million cases…but the statement they wold be able to test a million people by weeks end was nothing more than a calculated lie to try to quell peoples fear of Corona Flu. As soon as it was said I knew it wasn’t possible.

1 Like

@GWH. Now this crazy ■■■■ from Iran’s Misfits:. Iranian Revolutionary Guard commander says coronavirus may have been caused by US biological attack.

Yeah the Russian disinfo bots have been pushing that angle for weeks. It’s actually being pushed on mainstream state media platforms over there too.

Bill Gates has been a popular target as well, since he was involved in some thinktank that did simulations of a coronavirus outbreak late last year.

And of course Soros, because what would a conspiracy theory be without blaming a Jew.

2 Likes

well now we know where at least one well known conspiracy theorists of this forum gets his or her misinformed Conspiracies about the Corona Flu from right?

There is a forum member here claiming it was created in a Chinese lab to derail trump’s re-election.

Yeah. I just jumped into the middle of this thread and saw JayJay saying how you shouldn’t rush out testing kits because testing kits could do more harm than good if they gave the wrong information. Then the same sort of thing about being extra careful in putting out a vaccine.
I know there is more to it, but for a minute he seemed to be justifying the extra caution of the CDC in getting things done. CDC = Administration = Trump if there is a problem, of course.

The failures can be sorted out later, but it is clear we have had massive ones in this area.

I’m in for a world of hurt if SXSW cancels.

https://mobile.twitter.com/0ddette/status/1235637008799862784

https://mobile.twitter.com/0ddette/status/1235637804488486915

2 Likes

I was just at a comments section under Yahoo. The subject was Trump’s statement that people who have mild cases of coronavirus could be going to work and not seeing a doctor, and this would cause an under count of people with the disease.
The comments were amazing (to me). Most of the commentators interpreted that statement to mean that Trump was saying that people with mild cases of the disease should be going to work…followed by comments like idiot in chief or stable genius.
There is no possible way a sane person could honestly interpret his statement to mean that people with the disease should go to work.
But, as a country, here we are.
Most politicized disease ever.

1 Like

We’re doing a pretty darn good job so far.

If China had been open about it when they realized what it was the rest of the world could have prepared but they were more worried about their GDP than saving lives.

It’s absolutely unconscionable they didn’t qurantine the country including cutting off passenger air travel as soon as they realized what they were dealing with and should have made every bit of data they had available to the rest of the world.

If what I’m reading is correct it can survive 6-12 hours on surfaces as long as the humidity is up over 60%.

North Texas and the desert parts of the country will be fine. :rofl:

Good god man listen to the damned audio, that isn’t what he said.

Rogers is lying out his ass and cutting the audio to make it almost sound like what he claims but that isn’t close to what he said.

He never encouraged people to go to work sick with the CV.

Your titter crush is a lying piece of ■■■■■

1 Like

That is BS, pure fabrication on your part.

All he really said is that people have mild forms of something and are going to work. They don’t know if it’s the Corona Flu, or if it is the regular flu. He’s just saying that people have mild forms of whatever and are working through it.

More importantly he said people with mild cases won’t realize its CoVid19 and will work through it and keep going to work.

Nothing in what he said encourages people who know they have it to go to work.

The Twitter Crush is lying out of his rear.