Coronavirus Thread Political II

In 2011 Me and my 5 employees had jobs.

youā€™re not serious, are you?

1 Like

Based on prior pandemics, math and knowledge.

You claim government canā€™t workā€¦you claim Trump had intelligence briefings that told him one thing, his health officials telling him another.

But imagineā€¦just imagine for a moment that there was a place where health experts, national security experts and intelligence experts could all sit in on the same meeting where they got the same intelligence

Imagine we gave that venue a name like ā€œnational security councilā€.

Imagine if the health experts had been there to hear first hand that intelligence experts had reliable information that China was lying about the seriousness of the outbreak in their country.

Imagine what that health expert, having thought about nothing but pandemics and how they spread rapidly once contain was broken, might conclude from the information that China was lying.

Now imagine that this"national security council" once actually existed with health, security and intelligence experts all hearing the same information at the same time.

And then imagine an incoming President changed all that and fragmented his experts so they didnā€™t all have access to the same information at the same time.

Hmmmā€¦

8 Likes

Iā€™m wondering why my state stop reporting. :thinking:

Thank you ā€¦ I didnā€™t realize the 10,000 post limit applied to open participation threads.

Read the whole post. Damn!

I have given you the math on prior pandemics. Knowledge of what-fortune telling?

I didnā€™t claim anything. I explained to you your government cannot save you and why.

Addressed ad infinitum.

1 Like

Yes, I am.

Itā€™s going to be madness on crime all those millions in the country running around illegally not on any benefits.

It was not.

Iā€™m addressing a claim you made that even though Trump got intelligence briefings that the coronavirus outbreak was more serious than China was letting on, he shouldnā€™t have acted because his health experts were potentially telling him something different.

But his health experts didnā€™t have access to that intel anymore because they were taken off the NSC

But if his health expert HAD sat in on those briefings as part of the NSC, he could have given the President more salient advice and maybe the President acts.

You are rightā€¦there is inherent inefficiency in our government that often makes it slow to respond.

You are wrong that there is no way to fix that for special cases that threaten our national securityā€¦indeed our way of life.

But Jezcoe is rightā€¦keep sending people who believe government canā€™t be a force for good in crucial situationsā€¦and you will get a government that canā€™t do that.

And then people like you will say ā€œSee? I told you soā€.

Self fulfilling prophecy.

Fighting pandemics is national defense.

National defense is right in there in the Constitutionā€™s preamble as a duty of government.

3 Likes

LA county said they were giving up on testingā€¦hundred of thousand will die.

Seems to me we have much serious problem here in Washington State King County then LA.

Maybeā€¦just maybe is public know the true statics they might not get away using it to bash Trump.

Just thinking out loud here.

Yo Cynic,

From what I gather, most people only become mildly ill, but the infection can turn serious and even deadly, especially for those who are older or have underlying health conditions.

Thatā€™s it, I am moving to C H I N A, where thet protect their people. See you there, JayJay.

In fact, almost all in Italy had an underlying illness.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

2 Likes

The facts, the facts: progressives canā€™t handle the facts. @Conan, we are all gonna die (someday): hit by a car, influenza, flu, cancer, drug addition (opioid pandemic), heart disease, gunshot wounds in the park, diabetes, stroke, and/or what have you.

Where have all the snowflakes gone?

Not a person withing 6 feet of me while I was out getting a little leg, and core excesize. If you donā€™t think itā€™s exercise find someone who has one to borrow and ride it 4 miles then get back to me.

:smiley:

2 Likes

Has CDC ever been a part of the security council??

We learned it with the Cavanagh thread. Suddenly it was locked and a mad scramble to figure out who did it, and it was the system. Apparently 10k posts is the limit then the system locks the thread.

1 Like

ā€¦on another noteā€¦your neighbor has a fake cow, in their front yard? :sunglasses:

Make sure you bring sanitizer wipes and bolt cutters, if you " borrow" one, @Snow96.

I am just joking, Bro. What is the mortality rate, anyway?