Coronavirus Thread Political II

not sure what they are saying, but this is the NY site that explains the lag in reporting.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

Heā€™s handled this outbreak like the liar that his is.

And it cost us dearly.

Iā€™m on my phone and not good at sharing links on that. But I just saw daily US covid deaths was over 2k for second day in a row. The chart was not going down at all.

What source are you using that indicates we are past the peak?

I sure hope you are right.

I use this for tracking the cases

I dont know what the ā€œpeakā€ means, but the number of daily new cases appears to be stabilizing in the US. Maybe thats the peak? When the # of new cases plateaus? Dont know.

Edit: did some googling:

ā€˜The Peakā€™

Officials often talk about when the epidemic peaks or plateaus ā€” when a country ā€œflattens the curve.ā€ But they rarely specify, the peak of what? And how can we be sure weā€™re past it?
When an outbreak is growing unchecked, more people become infected and more die each day than the day before. Italy went from reporting a few hundred newly detected infections per day in early March to more than 6,500 on March 21.

That acceleration cannot continue indefinitely, and more important, Italy has strengthened social distancing, apparently slowing transmission of the virus. Since March 21, new confirmed infections have varied between about 4,000 and 6,000 daily. Despite the problems with the available figures, and the dangers of drawing conclusions based on just a few days, it seems clear after almost two weeks that Italy has passed a turning point.

On a graph, the curve showing the daily count of new cases has gone from rising sharply to moving sideways ā€” the curve has flattened ā€” and even begun to move downward.
That is one corner being turned: The rate of the spread of the virus has slowed down. It takes longer to turn another: the rate of people dying. But that, too, appears to have leveled off in Italy, fluctuating around 800 a day in the last week.

But even when those curves flatten, the epidemic still has not ā€œpeakedā€ by another crucial measure: the number of active cases. That figure continues to rise until the number of patients who either die or recover each day is larger than the number of new infections.
To ease the staggering load on health care systems, the active cases curve must also flatten and then fall."

My ā€œoriginal modelā€? Iā€™ve had the same model for a month now. The only thing that changes is the latest actual numbers that get plugged in. Youā€™re the one that doesnā€™t understand that my model has never simply been f(x) = 1.26x.

1 Like

Some policies.

Some people simply donā€™t have even fundamental understanding of modelling. I believe it is similar to those folks who lack understanding of polling.

The very fact that some people assume (and argue from the perspective) this type of modelling will have a straight-line slope alone is hilarious to me. :joy:

Iā€™m far from as advanced in my abilities to calculate predictive modelling as you clearly are, but I at least have a cursory enough understanding to get wild amusement at your beat-downs here. And I know enough to keep out of it, because I recognize what I donā€™t know, and should not pretend I do when going up against someone incredibly well versed in this field.

Keep it up! This is the entertainment I am here for!

1 Like

Try watching their daily briefings.

Youā€™re doing so good right now! :+1:

When to Use Modelling

What does modeling mean? Modelling is an alternative spelling of the same word. It carries the same meanings and can be used in all the same contexts.

Youā€™ve become a real hoot as of late.

1 Like

FEMA awarded a 55M no bid contract to a bankrupt company with no employees to a company selling masks at 8x the normal priceā€¦

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/coronavirus-trump-masks-contracts-prices/2020/04/15/9c186276-7f20-11ea-8de7-9fdff6d5d83e_story.html

here are some graphs I watch. I donā€™t see them dropping.

Do you have others that I can take hope from? Dying for good newsā€¦

Approval in the times of pandemic across left, right, and center governments in Europe:

-Italian PM: 71% (+27)
-Austrian Chancellor: 77% (+33)
-German Chancellor: 79% (+11)
-Dutch PM: 75% (+30)
-Danish PM: 79% (+40)

So, how is Trump doing in the middle of this crisis? When most all other Western leaders are seeing the typical crisis approval bump, similar to what GWB felt after 9-11, Trump is sinking like a lead balloon.

So, is this a trend for all Republican Executives? Nopeā€¦Just Trump.

Even a majority of Republicans are saying they trust their State or Local government on when to re-open over that of Trump.

Link to the full resultsā€¦

https://navigatorresearch.org/navigating-coronavirus/

The natural result of fake news media brainwashing the good people of the US, of course.
If only the media were not so mean to Trumpā€¦:sob:

1 Like

lolā€¦why dont people trust Trump, the compulsive liar? Why is the media so meanā€¦:sob:

1 Like

It must be amazing living in a European nation where they have no media to brainwash the masses into disapproving of their leaders. :wink:

I believe Fauciā€™s numbers would be higher here if he were not sharing a stage with Trump so often. Itā€™s the residual effect. Trumpā€™s untrustworthiness rubs off on all who surround him. Sometimes inadvertently even, like with Fauci.

1 Like

Seriously, what in the hell is wrong with him?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1251169217531056130

He is apparently now openly pushing to have more Americans die. It was not bad enough his incompetence and failure to act throughout the month of February has led to tens of thousands more Americans dying than needed to from this outbreak, but now he is actively promoting going against everything that the medical professionals stood up and said yesterday about what makes sense to open up and when. ā– ā– ā– ā–  him!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1251168994066944003

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1251169987110330372

Why not liberate Florida? Texas? Alabama?

He is playing the same political games he accuses the left of.

:+1::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like