Coronavirus Thread Political II

I watched the President of the United States stand before a room full of reporters and say that he had not read, indeed had not been aware of, a 10-week-old memo from a VERY senior adviser warning of a pandemic of catastrophic severity. Granted, he’s not a scientist, not even a “social” one. But he did put it out there in a “MEMORANDUM TO PRESIDENT”. But Trump never saw it.

The President is a terrible liar. I don’t just mean he lies a lot (though he does). I mean he is astonishingly bad at it for a full grown man. And still his supporters give him pass after pass.

Republicans have become the OJ jury of America.

All you have to go with here is your own bias. You have no evidence he ever saw it much less that he’s lying.

Just because something is addressed to the POTUS doesn’t mean it ends up on his desk.

“X sent memo to Y” does not necessitate that “Y received X’s memo”. There have been several cases of bureaucrats boasting that they are stopping information getting to POTUS.

One is free to believe that the President never saw a memorandum, warning of 100 million Americans being infected with a deadly disease. Navarro probably mislaid it in a pile on his desk.

Either the President is lying, or he isn’t keeping track of what his trusted advisers are saying, which seems incompetent or irresponsible. Which is it?

The group supposedly responsible for this “intel” came out yesterday saying it never happened.

I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest maybe they are more believable.

As for it being sent to Trump:

No, it was not sent to Trump it was sent to the NSC.

1 Like

“Through”, not “To”.

Read the quote, it was sent TO NSC who distributed both of them among WH Staff.

Nowhere does it state it went to the president and with good reason.

What are his qualifications for making such a prediiction?

This is the same guy ya’ll were all calling an idiot because he was supposedly arguing with Fauci but suddenly because of this story he’s now your dark horse that’s gonna break up the administration and force Trump to resign.

Hilarious.

This will go better if you respond to what I write, instead of what you think I meant.

I did and the point still stands.

Meanwhile Boeing is planing on recalling about 2500 employees possbialy Monday out here in Washington state.

2 Likes

We will see more of these types of plans next week.

I am concerned our D gov Wolf will drag his feet.

Dissention in the ranks!

This is one of the worst pieces of “journalism” I have ever seen.

Pure propaganda.

It was brilliant. I replied to a post saying it was 1.5% and going down. We’re now at 3.8% and been on the rise. We’re still not testing nearly as many people as we should on a per capita basis and in many places it’s incredibly slow. My cousin is quarantined in Ft Worth and they said he won’t get results back for 7-10 days. Whereas my sister got her results back in Dickinson in less than 24 hours. Thankfully my sister is negative, but my cousin is almost certainly positive with him exhibiting all the symptoms.

I’m not sure what you expect to happen when they just canceled school for the rest of the year.

It’s CNN…

No, not any more than that model you were patting yourself on the back about 2 weeks ago.

How’d that work out?

Amazing analysis here! I’m convinced

What’s going on with the postal service stuff?

Did you read it?