Coronavirus Thread Political II

Define contained.

He ignored both

Holy ā– ā– ā– ā–  Really?

Yes. Really. And how would he have ā€œcontainedā€ it, under your definition of contained?

There is no incompetence.

We cannot develop a test or a vaccine for an unknown virus. We did not even have the genetic code for this virus until the 12th of January within a week we not only had a test that tests were in distribution.

Even from that point if everything had gone absolutely perfectly we do not have the manufacturing capability to produce millions or tens of millions of Tess a week a day or a month in the CDC Laboratories.

There wasnā€™t even a declared pandemic until March 11th.

ā€œFeb. 1 7 ā€” China publishes a paper with detailed information on more than 44,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The data appears to show that COVID-19 is not as deadly as other types of coronaviruses, including severe acute respiratory syndrome and Middle East respiratory syndrome. The data shows that more than 80% of patients have mild disease; about 14% of cases lead to severe diseases, including pneumonia; about 5% of cases lead to critical diseases including respiratory failure, septic shock and multiorgan failure; and about 2% of reported cases lead to death. Mortality rates increase in older patients, with few cases among children.ā€

Feb. 25 ā€” Algeria reports its first case of COVID-19 ā€” an Italian adult, who arrived in the country on Feb. 17. This is the second confirmed case on the African continent.

Switzerland, Croatia, and Austria report their first cases.

Iranā€™s deputy health minister, Iraj Harirchi, who is leading the nationā€™s COVID-19 task force, has contracted the virus.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warns about the likely spread of COVID-19 in the United States, urging the population to ā€œprepare for the expectation that this might be bad.ā€ Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director at the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, cautioned during a press briefing: ā€œItā€™s not so much of a question of if this will happen anymore but rather more of a question of exactly when this will happen.ā€

Feb. 29 ā€” The World Health Organization updates its guidance on travel restrictions. While it continues to advise against travel or trade restrictions, it notes that in certain circumstances countries can use travel restrictions temporarily, such as in settings with few international connections and limited response capacities. It says that countries can only justify significant travel restrictions at the beginning of an outbreak to give a country time to implement preparedness measures for an outbreak.

March 11 ā€” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus declares the global COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic. ā€œWe are deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity and by the alarming levels of inaction,ā€ he says, adding that ā€œwe have called every day for countries to take urgent and aggressive action.ā€ The decision has been made based on input from experts both internally and externally.

you know this is so far beyond just pure partisan vs it if itā€™s not even recognizable as as something Jindo.

Given what was known and the timeline in which it was knighted states somewhere in the first week of January at the latest.

The problem is there was no evidence to justify such a Draconian measure at the time.

I mean honestly what is it specifically that you people think could have reasonably been done to keep us from having 142000 cases today?

I mean sincerely and honestly what could have been done based on what was known at the time.

I mean seriously give us some straight answers because all I am seeing here is blind Venom and hatred that has no basis in reality.!

https://www.devex.com/news/covid-19-a-timeline-of-the-coronavirus-outbreak-96396

Itā€™s not rocket science, Iā€™m sure you can figure it out

You certainly canā€™t thatā€™s obvious.

Hard to believe that when he put in place a ban on travel effective or not I would think the CDC minions would know he was serious and would follow protocols. I donā€™t believe for a second that Trump said donā€™t test and track. Also hard for me to believe CDC didnā€™t do it.

2 Likes

You canā€™t refute any of those facts. Of course itā€™s a rare occasion you can actually refute anything factual for that matter.

Thereā€™s absolutely zero evidence to support any of those accusations of course but heā€™ll that isnā€™t slowing anybody down apparently.

I have more faith in their abilities than ours right now.

Right process and right mindset.

Some people in this country were ready to quit after one week of social distancing, for crying out loud.

Once again a completely baseless claim.

Theree is no evidence anywhere that he ignored either.

The one time he did Buck the experts resulted in the one thing that has bought us time to get prepared for the peak of this outbreak and that was the travel restrictions.

Then how did he make his decisions?

Yes, really.

Over 600,000 Americans died of cancer in 2018. Trump failed in his initial response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

You canā€™t refute any of those facts. I win.

:roll_eyes:

But you said it.

Mother Nature is a **** and there is no way to defeat her all we can hope to do is try to adapt to the changing conditions.

This is a newly emerging virus thereā€™s never been a threat of this kind in the history of this nation.

Dunno yet. So far cases went up over 300% last week, curve is not flattening.

I donā€™t disagree.

Did you watch Cuomoā€™s press conference right now?

I donā€™t watch him anymore. Heā€™s as much of a putz as Trump.