Cop Enters Wrong Apartment, kills Neighbor - No Charges

If they did speak to the police and later made those claims, then their accounts would be worthless.

And if the police didn’t contact them, they had a duty to come forward.

I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt right now, but would like to hear an explanation. Not sure anyone besides the police and a grand jury will though.

The family is after money- big money.
They know the cop doesn’t have anything. They’re trying to build a case against the City of Dallas. Keep that in mind as this goes along.

They know the cop doesn’t have anything? you mean there is no evidence against her?

Because if that if what you are saying, I strongly disagree.

Fair enough.

They know the cop doesn’t have any money they can sure for.

They just lost a family member because the cop is a dumbass but yet you want to label them as greedy people … Good job

I think he means the police officer doesn’t have any money so the family is going after the Dallas police department for a big money lawsuit.

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding. Should have known what you meant.

I’m not comfortable with that characterization either. I would always give family members the benefit of the doubt.

2 Likes

I lost my mother a couple of years ago. I didn’t hold daily press conferences and I didn’t lawyer up.

“The officer, who had just finished a 12 hour-- edit, 14 hour-- edit, 15 hour shift was still in full uniform.”

I just LOVE how gender has been continuously factored into the shooting, but race being factored into the criminal proceedings is off limits. :upside_down_face:

The DA and Chief are republicans cherrypicked after the 7/7/16 attack.

The DA succeeds Susan Hawk, a DA who effectively abandoned her post for rehab for MONTHS without relinquishing her duties, despite an outcry from all sides in the city.

The police chief succeeds David Brown, a black man who wasn’t exactly “for the people”, but enough so that the Dallas Police Union hated his fricking guts and wanted him out for the longest as well. The July attack was a blessing in disguise for him as it brought his name to national acclaim and provided the perfect opportunity to retire in good standing-- or so it would seem.

This seems like a good time to go ahead and admit that I’m from Dallas and have been fairly active/up to date on politics within the city for some years.

In your opinion.

You’re going to have to be specific. What did I say that was a contradiction of something else that I said?

Given the record of success of Project Innocence I’d say it was more common than you would like to believe. And remember how many witnesses were proven to be lying after the Michael Brown incident?

I understand there is a security video of her in the hallway preoccupied with her phone as she walked to her door. People have walked right out in front of moving traffic while similarly immersed in their phone.

I haven’t heard of that. There is a video of her in the hall with her phone after the shooting.

My coffee buddies and I were talking about this case this afternoon. One of them related that after his divorce he was living in a housing complex with eight or so identical four story buildings. He said he came home one evening after work with a lot on his mind and absent mindedly parked in what he thought was his parking spot, went up to the third floor and put his key in the lock and it wouldn’t open. He said he banged on the door in frustration until he just happened to notice that a familiar stain on the wall next to his door was not there. He had parked in front of the wrong building. Luckily, the actual tenant was not home (which is why the assigned parking space was open for the error to occur in the first place.) These kind of things can and do happen when your mind is elsewhere. Unfortunately in thIs case, the door was not latched …

When you think about it, why would she have intentionally done this?
What could have possibly motivated her to go to someone else’s apartment, shoot them then call 911 and tell them? She made no attempt to conceal the fact she did it or to get away.
She had to know she would go to jail for years for doing it.

Maybe they have. You seem obsessed with the break cutting. So what? I know for a fact the police cut each other breaks and cut firemen breaks. My brother is a fireman. They won’t write a fireman a ticket unless he’s doing 100 mph in a 30 or something similar. I’m sure they do that for other policemen. Mason’s cut each other breaks. I’m retired phone company. If I call in a trouble report I go to the head of the list.
Welcome to the world. If that runs you crazy, you’ll wind up in a mental institution.

I don’t give a flip if the police are cutting her breaks. What will bother me is if the courts go easy on her. If she winds up with a hand slap or a suspended sentence, I’ll be on the street along with the race baiters, marching and raising hell.