Consenus in Jeopardy (Again)

Go back in time and give a Black Death vaccine to city populations in the Middle Ages and you literally would have been Jesus returned.

no, you would not be the same as someone who never had it, because you did have it

1 Like

Bingo. Like a quasar. Both generate similar sentiments for me.

1 Like

Or, the recipe for Egyptian beer containing the simple antibiotics that eradicate Bubonic Plague.

Bet more moldy bread-eating peasants survived than nobility. :wink:

1 Like

It’s a convenient cocktail for every virtue signaler on their soapbox too. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You know what, yes, I can agree with thet. Especially on social media.

1 Like

And fortunately, you can’t do much virtue signaling with a quasar, which is a huge plus.

Please don’t say that. You’re about to have to hold someone’s soy latte. lol

And yet still an issue, as in the example of the OP. Do people who have had the disease get the double shots, do they get boosters, or neither?

Natural immunity is a threat to Big Pharma profits and vaccination mandates.

Sen. Rand Paul Grills HHS Sec. Becerra: “Quit Lying To People About Natural Immunity” | Video | RealClearPolitics

3 Likes

Seems if they get at least one shot they are even better off (per the Israeli study).

Not that it’s an issue…it’s that data eventually catches up.

Changing our opinion on something as more data comes in isn’t indicative of some sort of problem.

It just means more data has come in.

The true “virtue signalers” are the ones pretending they knew all along when in reality they are akin to a stopped clock…which is right twice a day.

1 Like

This is where I stand on the whole COVID/vax question. Of course, it’s my PERSONAL CHOICE. Most people don’t die if they get it. The vast, vast majority do not. But I’ve seen enough people with the disease who got so sick that they wish they were dead.

And all the numbers out there show that, of those who are getting it so bad that they need hospitalization, 90% are unvaxxed. And of those who die, 90% are unvaxxed. And of the ones who were vaxxed and still get hospitalized or die, most had other comorbidities.

And I don’t rip my hair out when I hear of someone who got it bad (or even worse, who died) and I find out they chose not to get jabbed. It’s sad, no question about it. But it was their choice. I have to hold my tongue not to say, “Bad choice, my friend.” To me choosing a principle over practicality in this matter is cutting off one’s nose to spite one’s face. Nonetheless, it’s their choice.

1 Like

And this is part of my position too.

If you’ve been vaxxed, you’ve done what you can. The unvaxxed guy who gets it bad is not your fault. It’s all on him. And it has no bearing on your health.

2 Likes

And I agree with that. I am 73 and have type 2 diabetes. For me, Covid would be a highly risky disease. The choice to get vaccinated made itself. To someone 30ish and in excellent health?…their decision.

4 Likes

If you get sick, you won’t get sick. Gotcha.

1 Like

And possibly die or suffer long term health consequences. Just bonkers…

Anybody tests don’t test for immunity, they test for antibodies.

For measles it has been established that an antibody titer test is a good stand in for immunity testing. Because we know once you get measles you have lifelong immunity and your antibody titer stays pretty high even years later.

We don’t know this for COVID yet.

Another excuse to extol the virtues of collectivism.

2 Likes

TV Man