Consecutive Post Rule

Yeah if you want a link that’ll do it. I thought we were talking about quoting, though.

Not for me … when I come on here, the forum has been active for a good 8 hours, and when I do most of my participation (evenings) a good many of you have already gone to bed.

Again … to do that one has to read everything first then go back to where you came in and begin posting replies. Unless that is, you are talking about combining the posts of all members who you wish to reply to in one big multi answer post. That just seem counter productive to a good discussion.

I sometimes use the link for the reply. You can also use it to quote multiple posts.

Yup that’s what i was talking about.

Well, no disrespect intended, but that is simply a ridiculous way to have a discussion.

Honestly I dont want to read 12 posts from you or anyone else in a row. It’s not personal it’s just better to have a limit.

7 Likes

The feeling are mutual (about your posts.) If you don’t want to read 6 or 7 or 10 of my or anyone else’s posts in a row, you don’t have to. But that is not the point. I just want to be able to complete going through all unread posts in a specific thread and respond to those addressed to me and to whichever other ones that I find appropriate to comment on without having to wait for someone else to wander into the thread and post to break up my string. How often are you here at 2 am? I am usually here about then, because for me, its only 10 pm.

When I was working overnights I was typically the only one here…there is a lull around 1 130 and then mole UK pops on around 430 am.

Displays a direct link to the post. Ex:

1 Like

No, I don’t. That’s dangerous. Don’t drive and post. :slight_smile:

It’s obviously not. It’s far easier and reader-friendly than having to read post after post after the same user in a row, which is why I suspect we have these limits in the first place.

1 Like

I completely disagree.

I have pled my case to GWHuges … I am bowing out of here before it gets ugly.

1 Like