Connecticut assault victim gets 18 months in jail for stabbing attacker

You ever been in a fight for your life?

:rofl: second fight.

For my life? Nope. I have been in fights and when the other guy runs away I don’t chase.

3 on 1?
…

No. But if I was in a 3 on 1 fight, I sure heck wouldn’t follow the guys out into a parking lot.

You don’t know what you’d do.

Yes it is, your right to self defense ends when you are no longer in danger, if someone attacks you and leaves, pursuing and stabbing them will get you convicted every time.

Thanks for clearing that up.

And you do? If I found myself in a situation of relative safety and saw 3 previous attackers moving away from me, I would not pursue.

I know what I’m trained to do. I know that under stress I default to the last level of training mastered or that I had success with last. I know when all else fails, extreme aggression can rule the day. And I know a fight isn’t over until it’s over.

You don’t know what you would do.

I told you what I would do. I’m not sure why you think you’re in a position to question that. Although I’m sure you’re going to tell us, unsolicited.

The first rule of Second Fight Club is…nothing that happened in First Fight Club counts.

1 Like

I wonder if he would have been convicted if he had stabbed the attacker before they crossed the threshold to leave.

By your own admission you’ve never been in such a situation. You have no idea how you would react.

Indeed. Very John Wayne-esque

The idea that you need to be in a specific situation to know how you’d react it patently false. Quoting the NRA Carry Guard doesn’t make it any more true.

Assuming that account is accurate, chasing down his attackers and stabbing one of them is akin to shooting an assailant in the back as they are fleeing the crime. Even cops are sometimes convicted for doing that.

How is it that you can state with certainty what you would do, yet you challenge Sotto for stating what he would do?

I get where you’re coming from but the law will
still hang you for it.

He’s not wrong. The fight half of the fight or flight reflex is powered by rage.