Congress votes to kill National Emergency...Makes Trump own it completely with VETO as only way around it

They have accounts. It’s not like a bank account stuffed with cash.

The “account” is numbers on paper until the requisition process plays out.

Factually incorrect. Agencies don’t get bundles of cash they can stash away.

Not even McConnell is sure this is legal…they need you on the hill!

That’s not how it works.

Have you ever gotten a check from the government?

Have you looked at what that check is drawn on?

It’s right there at the top.

That’s a self-defeating argument. If Trump didn’t need to issue an Emergency declaration to achieve his aim, then certainly he wouldn’t have determined the need to do it.

You claimed that reallocation of Congressionally-authorized funds based on an Emergency Declaration by the Executive has been done before, by many presidents.

Can you provide a couple of the cases that you’re thinking of?

2 Likes

That’s one hot mess of a nonsense Newsmax piece. Probably seems to make sense to people who don’t understand government accounting processes.

If it is that easy…then why did he have to declare a National Emergency. It seems that if LBJ and Nixon could fund the viet nam war and fund the great society by doing a budget sweep. Why can’t Trump simply do that. Why does he have to lie about there being a grave threat at the border and declare and national emergency? why?

1 Like

I wouldn’t put much stock in that so-called “article”.

Then why did he? What was the reason? Theatrics? Blustering? Donnie Thumping his chest a little bit? Seriously, if he didn’t have to why did he?

1 Like

Oh Lucy…where did you get your degree in Public and Governmental Financing and Accounting? LOL :sunglasses:

1 Like

The guy i listen to says most likely parts of this trump can do but others he can not…

So take that for what it is… thats the basis im going off

That’s a NewsMax op-ed. Does a Newsmax op-ed have the force of law?

You realize that what you’re arguing is that Trump, and his whole White House team, are ■■■■■■■ morons, who should have read a Newsmax op-ed to understand the extent of their Executive-branch options? Heh.

1 Like

I agree with this.

No it isn’t. They are individual accounts just like your bank account.

Sit back and watch while it plays out.

Well turn me upside down put me in the oven and call me apple pie!

I actually agree with Peek

1 Like

Excuse me…Mr. WildRose Sir…could I trouble you to answer my questions?

hen why did he? What was the reason? Theatrics? Blustering? Donnie Thumping his chest a little bit? Seriously, if he didn’t have to why did he?

I can’t read his mind but probably because he first wants to make use of the military construction funds, and Corps of Engineers.

Next will come from the unobligated balances discussed in the article above.

More on that from the Obama Administration.

So you can’t back up your various claims about precedents – utterly unsurprising, par for your course.

I just wanted to know why you think he did it. I don’t want to read some crap about the OBAMA administration doing it. Just tell me what you think. I’m not playing gotcha or anything…Just want your opinion. As I said in my OP…opinions please.