Congratulations! You might be old as dirt if you remember this .

A line of kids, (and a line of quarters) waiting to play Dragon’s Lair

5 Likes

I remember playing that

2 Likes

It’s a good bit before my time but I did play it on an emulator in the early 2000s.

Dragon’s Lair is stupid hard.

I feel dated when someone brings up Metal Slug 3. I had the high score at my local pizza inn when I was a ten year old in 1999 lol.

2 Likes

Dragon’s Lair came out the year I got my license. So I could drive the the videogame parlor and play it . . . but by then we had an Atari

2 Likes

I always got my ass kicked by the arcade version. Many years later, Atari put out the Jaguar System, and Dragon’s Lair was one of their games. I finally rescued the princess.

2 Likes

Ah yes, Pitfall. I had to have it after I saw the commercial (with Jack Black).
I stole and forged a check from my parents. Activision took the check and sent me the game!? The account was closed, so about a month and a half later, the Piper came to be paid. I got in SO much trouble.

My fondest memory of Dig Dug is walking to Sev with my friends, and munching microwave burritos and drinking Slurpees while playing our change.

Good times. Arcade games were everywhere.

2 Likes

Apparently, I might be older than dirt.

1 Like

You older guys and gals were super lucky to have grown up in arcade’s hey day.

They were on the way out when I was entering teenage years. Last big release I remember actually playing on was Marvel vs Capcom 2. And then it came out on Dreamcast like two months later. So I ended up buying the Dreamcast version lol.

I wish they would make a proper comeback. They are still pretty big in Japan which is one of the many reasons I really want to travel there. To get to experience something similar to what my mom and dad got to experience in the 80s.

Most of the whippersnappers wouldn’t be able to win a free game of pinball.

1 Like

Apparently, I am too. :flushed:

2 Likes

Not only do I remember it, I used to play it and get through it without dying once on its hardest setting.

Yes, the arcade game had settings. The reason I know this is because I played the game at multiple arcades. If you found an easy one, you didn’t have to be as precise, or make certain life saving moves.

1 Like

You had me at Don Bluth.

Toll collectors and their damned quarters!

Older than dirt here ! I played pong. Had Atari, intellivision etc. Before that, good old fashioned card games.

2 Likes

West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

open mailbox
Opening the small mailbox reveals a leaflet.

Read leaflet

WW

2 Likes

You are in a maze of twisty turney passages, all different.

I played Zork on a TRS-80 Model I many long years ago. :smile:

2 Likes

me too - loading the program from a cassette tape was thrilling

2 Likes

an oldie but goodie

“As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly”

1 Like

One of the best!