Communist controlled NYS intent on rigging 2024 election with no-excuse mail-in voting

Typically, the people who are too lazy to get off the couch and go vote in person support Democrats.

utah and its mail in ballots are not irrelevant to your question posed.

why are mail ballots acceptable to you in utah but not other states?

Allan

1 Like

mail in votes make it easy for people to vote.

voting in America should be easy not laborious.

Allan

Is this law just for democrats? Or do republicans also have access to voting by mail?

1 Like

Why do you think it is more virtuous to go stand in line and vote as opposed to voting from home?

Maybe since most Dems are working class, they are actually working very hard at their jobs and can’t afford the time off to wait in line.

And when you vote by mail, you can study the candidates and issues very carefully and then fill in your ballot.

As an election judge and one who has worked the polls for candidates I can tell you a very large number of people come to the polls not having studied the candidates at all…they ask for their party’s endorsed slate and just vote for them.

So your effort to mark vote by mailers as “lazy” and “vote in person” folks as industrious and knowledgeable is backed up by zero evidence or logic.

3 Likes

You are the one trying to distract and switch the subject to Utah. I made no comment concerning the acceptability of mail-in ballots in Utah. Stop making crap up.

We are talking about Gov. Kathy Hochul, who is attempting to impose no-excuse mail-in voting in violation of NY’s Constitution.

See: New York Republicans file lawsuit challenging newly signed mail voting law

From the article:

1 Like

Yeah ok. :joy:

Why do you think it is more virtuous to go stand in line to buy a gun as opposed to buying it online?

Maybe since most cons are working class, they are actually working very hard at their jobs and can’t afford the time off to wait in line.

And when you shop online, you can study the firearms and ammunition very carefully and then fill in your order.

As an FFL and one who has worked the gun stores for buyers I can tell you a very large number of people come to the store not having studied the firearm at all…they ask for their whim and go with that one.

Every single reason the left outlawed mail order firearms actually applies to voting and for the same reason.

The 2nd is much more specific on infringements than voting laws, and yet all these restrictions are fine for firearms and not for voting. You folks are bass ackwards.

4 Likes

You can still buy firearms online without an FFL. You just have to know which ones. :slightly_smiling_face:

The New York Constitution falls within the category of State Constitutions that just simply need to be burned. The Alabama, Texas and California Constitutions also fit in this category.

New York, as with several other States, suffers from diarrhea of the Constitution. Simply put, it handles stuff which should be handled by ordinary legislation.

The only thing that belongs in a State Constitution in regards to voting is to establish a basic right to vote and prohibit discriminatory practices in voting. It should contain nothing else.

New York’s Constitution goes on in detail and thus destroys any possibility of flexibility and changing with the times.

While Hochul’s order must fall due to its conflict with the State Constitution, in the long run it is the State Constitution itself which should be replaced via a State Constitutional Convention with a far slimmer document.

So, are they lazy and poor or the rich elites? I can’t ever remember.

As a Democrat from CO that grew up in in red IN, I find this entire premise amusing, but do keep on…

You’re implying that this is some coordinated, nefarious attempt by Democrats to steal an election. It seems relevant then that UT would be brought up because it directly flies in the face of the point you’re trying to make.

And you must have missed the message from last CPAC. Those morons on the right are now encouraging it because they realize they’re not quite as popular as they had led themselves to believe. Imagine that…

But can you buy one when you’re indicted on felony charges?

Asking for a friend…

The ones I was alluding to, yes I believe you can.
But according to 27 CFR § 478.32(b) it would be illegal to buy a firearm like the one Trump’s campaign initially lied about him buying.

Interestingly though, I ran across this yesterday where a federal judge last year has ruled the above prohibition is unconstitutional. I don’t know where in the appeals process it currently is.
https://www.reuters.com/legal/americans-under-felony-indictment-have-right-buy-guns-judge-rules-2022-09-20/

1 Like

I’m not sure what the above has to do with NY’s no-excuse mail-in voting, which is the subject of the thread. Let’s try and keep to the subject of the thread and not derail it with the gun issue.

A few rich elites are at the top, a larger number of useful idiots are below them, and the rest (the vast majority) are made up of reliable, lazy voters from the inner city, LGBTQ, and able-bodied but willfully unemployed.

1 Like

Oh boy did you address this post to the wrong poster…:rofl:

To the contrary, my friend! I am stating a fact. The fact is, Gov. Hochul has violated New York’s Constitution which sets the rules for election integrity, and no-excuse mail in voting, which Hochul put her signature to, is not authorized under NY’s Constitution.

The Mail-Voting Law signed by Gov. Hochul violates Article II, § 2 of the New York State’s Constitution, which requires qualified voters when voting to do so in person unless they are specifically exempted as mentioned in the Constitution.

The text of Article II, § 2 of the New York State’s Constitution reads as follows:

Absentee Voting

“The legislature may, by general law, provide a manner in which, and the time and place at which, qualified voters who, on the occurrence of any election, may be absent from the county of their residence or, if residents of the city of New York, from the city, and qualified voters who, on the occurrence of any election, may be unable to appear personally at the polling place because of illness or physical disability, may vote and for the return and canvass of their votes.”

The above provision of the Constitution was approved by the people as required under New York’s Constitution and requires voters to vote in person unless exempted as specified by the Constitution.

In November 2021, a proposed constitutional amendment allowing for no-excuse absentee ballot voting was presented to the people for their approval, but it was overwhelmingly rejected by the people, 51.4% to 37.7% SOURCE.

And here we are today, with NY’s Democrat authoritarian Leadership giving a finger to the State’s Constitution and to the people, and arbitrarily imposing its will upon the people in violation of the Constitution.

This is the same crap that was pulled in PA in 2020 where no-excuse ballots were arbitrarily allowed by the State’s law makers, which violated specific restrictive provisions of PA’s constitution, which was then upheld by a tyrannical court which ignored the Constitution’s restrictive provisions, and pretended they did not exist saying:

“We reiterate that our General Assembly is endowed with great legislative power, subject only to express restrictions in the Constitution. We find no restriction in our Constitution on the General Assembly’s ability to create universal mail-in voting.”

Of course, they simply lied, as do all Communists and Authoritarians.

Why have a written constitution, approved by the people, if those who it is meant to control are free to make it mean whatever they wish it to mean?

JWK

"The Constitution is the act of the people, speaking in their original character, and defining the permanent conditions of the social alliance; and there can be no doubt on the point with us, that every act of the legislative power contrary to the true intent and meaning of the Constitution, is absolutely null and void. ___ Chancellor James Kent, in his Commentaries on American Law , 1858.

Mail order firearms aren’t outlawed.

Might wanna google that.