Colorado commission has Masterpiece Bakery in its crosshairs again

I didn’t say you did in this particular thread. I’m quite certain you know exactly what my comment is abou.

You can repeat this over and over again if you like, but it won’t make it true.

Your example was of Mormons, the baker is of the Christian faith. And there is nothing in Christianity that supports racism. There is, however, plenty on homosexuality, and sexual sins.

1 Like

Not remotely true. We can always choose to select who gets protected.

More recently you can look at Bob Jones University and it’s treatment of blacks and interracial couples based on the religious doctrine of the school.

.>>>>

1 Like

Just to be clear Joanne, are you saying that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints aren’t Christians?

Why would a church that doesn’t believe in Christ include him in their name?

.>>>>

I’m talking about this thread.

You don’t get to decide that for other people.

Mormons are Christians, just like Catholics and Baptists and Church of Christ.

You don’t get to decide that for someone else.

It’s something I experienced extensively having been raised in the LDS church. There is a tiny handful of doctrinal differences that cause a lot of Protestant denominations to denounce Mormonism as anti-Christian. When we would visit a new LDS temple that had just opened, there were always Baptist and other preachers standing at the end of the drive handing out anti-LDS literature.

The primary doctrinal difference is that the LDS church teachers that God (the father), Jesus (the son) and the Holy Spirit are three separate and distinct beings. They are one in purpose, and form the “Godhead” but they are all unique and individual.

No one is denying service on the basis of the customer being any protection class.

You people have been told over and over that masterpiece cake would sell a cake to anyone.

That’s literally what has happened.

They will make and sell a blue/pink cake to a person for their birthday.

They will not make and sell an identical cake to a trans person for a trans thing.

Service has been denied.

If they provide a service for one person, they must provide it for all who ask.

If the tyranny had said I want a birthday cake with these colors, he/she/it would have gotten one.

But no… the tyranny wanted expressly wanted a cake to celebrate being a tranny.

If I had walked in and said "I want tranny celebration cake " … I would not have gotten one.

All people are treated the same.

Ask the plaintiff, he seemed to think they represented something when he communicated his order to the artist.

Back to the tattoo artist, if I offer custom tattoo’s I am under no obligation to create any design someone asks for, I am an artist, my reputation is on the line. Go try and tell a top tattoo artist today that you get total and complete control over the design and he must give it to you even if he and the rest of the world finds it offensive, he/she will laugh in your face and tell you to take a walk.

Lol tiny doctrinal differences my foot. You added quite a few prophets if I recall. Oh and had Jesus show up in America and found a whole new book of scripture. Not that I care personally mind you but I don’t think it can be fairly categorized as minor or tiny differences.

1 Like

You doubt that God could do that?

Ye of little faith.

I am not making a judgement on it either way, I am only saying it is a large rather than a tiny difference from many other Christian faiths.

Some Christian denominations practice snake handling. Doesn’t make them a different faith.

1 Like

That would be a minor deviation compared to LDS, that is a slightly different interpretation of scripture common to most of them as opposed to a brand new prophet and an additional book of scripture.

Again don’t get me wrong, I have Mormon nieces and nephews, I don’t hold it against them. Kind of miffs me I don’t get to go to their wedding vows but other than that, knock yourselves out.

Nice temple down in DC too. Coming around on the beltway and you see this big white temple with a gazillion watts of white light. Impressive.