Cobra Kai on Netflix

DH and I are so late to the game on just about everything that’s on television. Lately, we’ve gotten into two series, both have been on a few seasons (okay, in one case 7 seasons) before we tuned in.
Anyway, one of them is Cobra Kai. We are an add-on to a family member’s Netflix account (we haven’t subscribed for some time.) Didn’t look like our thing, but the episodes are only about a half hour, so it wasn’t a big investment of time if things didn’t work out. As it turned out, it is surprisingly engaging, with the main actor, William Zabka (the mean teen in the original) turning in a very good performance. Really enjoying it.

5 Likes

Not gay enough.

just kidding. Cobra Kai is really entertaining like the Mandalorian. Not because it breaks new ground but because it tells a time honored story with realistic and thoughtful character development.

I’m a fan. My one beef is the nerdy kid that turned totally psycho, sporting the mohawk and going terminator on other kids. Seems a little over the top. Other than that, I really like that the characters are much more three dimensional (especially Zabka’s Johnny) and I can’t wait for season 3!

I liked the first season. The second was alright. My only suggestion is less teen soap opera and more fighting. I do like the Johnny character. I laughed til I cried at the scene they made a video and johnny said to use a song from acdc. The kids say he needs to buy the rights to it. His reply “I own the cassette”. It just couldn’t get better than that.

1 Like

Currently watching. The plot can be a little predictable, but it definitely appeals to any Gen Xers who grew up on the movies.

I finished this last week and vow to emulate Johnny Lawrence when fathering my son. Not like he did his own son, but when teaching his his students.