Cliven Bundy, a moron who simply won't go away

**** for Brains, err, Cliven Bundy’s latest legal maneuvering was shot down as “delusional” by a Nevada State Court, after Bundy has lost 3 times trying to push this garbage in Federal Court.

Yes, Bundy, the Federal Government DOES OWN ALL THE ******* LAND IN NEVADA, no matter what half assed legal theory you advance. (Well, actually 84.9%.) :smile:

Section 4 of 13 Stat. 30 (The Nevada Enabling Act) reads as follows:

Sec. 4. Authorization to form constitution and state government; limitations. And be it further enacted, That the members of the convention, thus elected, shall meet at the capital of said territory on the first Monday in July next, and, after organization, shall declare, on behalf of the people of said territory, that they adopt the constitution of the United States. Whereupon the said convention shall be, and it is hereby, authorized to form a constitution and state government for said territory:

Provided, That the constitution, when formed, shall be republican, and not repugnant to the constitution of the United States, and the principles of the Declaration of Independence: And provided further, That said convention shall provide, by an ordinance irrevocable, without the consent of the United States and the people of said state:—

First. That there shall be neither slavery nor involuntary servitude in the said state, otherwise than in the punishment of crimes, whereof the party shall have been duly convicted.

Second. That perfect toleration of religious sentiment shall be secured, and no inhabitant of said state shall ever be molested in person or property on account of his or her mode of religious worship.

Third. That the people inhabiting said territory do agree and declare that they forever disclaim all right and title to the unappropriated public lands lying within said territory, and that the same shall be and remain at the sole and entire disposition of the United States; and that the lands belonging to citizens of the United States residing without the said state shall never be taxed higher than the land belonging to the residents thereof; and that no taxes shall be imposed by said state on lands or property therein belonging to, or which may hereafter be purchased by, the United States.

It doesn’t get much more ******* plain than that. No matter what crackpot theory Bundy advances, he is going to lose, no matter whether he spams the Federal Courts or the State Courts with his lawsuits.

I like to think of it as our our land, the notion it is “federally owned” belies the fact it is accessible. I use it all the time.

Public lands is the beauty of the west.

You could use Federal public land as a moniker.

The important point to take away is that the titleholder to the land, the Federal Government, ultimately makes the rules regarding usage of the land.

Bundy can’t get around that, regardless of how hard he tries.

He’s still out of jail? Good for him. :slight_smile:

I know, and I don’t mean to derail. I just see federal land ownership often demonized (I know you didn’t) and my gut reaction is always “no dude, that’s where I camp and off-road, leave it the ■■■■ alone!.”

I think that down the road, we could transfer some percentage of that land from federal to state control. NOT for the benefit of idiots like Bundy, but to decentralize land management.

I am not talking about National Parks, National Forests or National Monuments, but more mundane lands.

This land would not be sold or privatized, it just would undergo a change of management.

Let him spend all his money…

Why isn’t this in Politics?

Too trivial at this point.

If Bundy goes back to shootouts, I will post in Politics. :smile: