Church During COVID-19

Live stream.

Dog joined us for services for the first time yesterday.

If you’re watching a streaming or a broadcast of a Catholic mass, there most certainly is a consecration.

You just can’t receive what was consecrated on that altar because you are not physically there.

You can open your heart to a Spiritual Communion with the mass in which you are participating remotely. And there are various iterations of prayer of Spiritual Communion available for you to recite if you struggle with engaging in that Spiritual Communion on your own.

Here is one:

All of the little Ohio rural churches that I know of are live streaming with the pastor giving sermons from the church. There were three people in the building Sunday. It’s sad and I agree that this temporary closure will lead to more churches permanently closing.

I most humbly invite all of you to do what the Lord Jesus told us to do.
Buy or bake some bread, find some beverage that is the fruit of the vine, and don’t forget to pray for forgiveness of sins…

Matthew 26:26-28

“26 While they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.” 27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you; 28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.”

“30 After singing a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.”

Note that there is no mention of priests or pastors, church buildings or doctrine, this was meant for simple people, this was meant for everyone, all the time.

Gather with those you live with and love, or go online with those you love that are at a distance, or if you are alone enjoy the company of the Lord himself, and enjoy the Grace of God paid for by the blood of Jesus.

It’s just that simple kids. To God we are all kids.

1 Like

Our Governor announced Friday that attendees of any gatherings over Easter weekend will have their license plates recorded, and be issued a notice from the health department to quarantine for 14 days.

It’s a shame that the very ones who should be obeying the laws of the land are the ones who think they are above them.

"A local church held a revival with a preacher from Texas on March 15 and 16 …

“A church revival that took place in mid-March has been linked to at least 28 cases of the novel coronavirus and two deaths.”

“When people violate the rules and the recommendations that are out there … (this is) the significant harm it can cause,”

Perhaps their names should be published so people will know they should avoid them for the next 2 to 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Some people are stubborn and defiant. Watch how many of them walk to church if all this goes down.

I’m with you on that.

All the same, the number of churches doing this is minuscule relative to the overall number of churches that have voluntarily closed and are live streaming services.

The media keep recycling the same handful of examples, so it looks like a widespread problem.

My church has taken to streaming services online and having prayer meetings and small group meetings via Zoom. Extra effort is being made to keep in touch with those most vulnerable, to make sure they are ok as well as making sure their needs are being met.

And selfish. I wouldn’t put it past them to walk to meeting.

Actually, it dates back to 30AD.

1 Like

Priesthood of the Believer is probably the most defining difference between Protestantism and Catholicism/Orthodoxy.

It’s Sunday morning and I’ve told The Lord numerous times already this day, how much I love Him and am so thankful for His many blessings. I am thankful for this day of Easter, the greatest of all days to a Christian. Even though I try, I know how far short I fall of the man our Lord would have me be. I fall so far short of my Lord Jesus Christ who died for my sins. This day, a couple of thousand years ago, The Father raised His Son from the grave, leading the way for all those who accept what He did on the cross, as a sacrifice for our sins. I do and am truly grateful. Thank you Father.

Later today, I have two grandchildren coming over for a small Easter gathering. We’ll have an Easter egg hunt that will be shared by many around the globe through their smart phones…watching the excitement of these young children…remembering well…at one time…that was us.

May each of you enjoy the day and may The Lord bless each and everyone who calls Him Father.

1 Like

Happy Resurrection Sunday! He’s Risen!

2 Likes

Many churches across the country have been holding “drive-in” services, where congregants meet together in a parking lot and remain in their cars, thereby following social distancing guidelines.

However, many Democratic officials have even cracked down on such affairs.

Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer, for example, issued a decree last week banning drive-in services for Easter, the holiest holiday on the Christian calendar.

But on Saturday, U.S. District Judge Justin Walker granted a local Louisville church, On Fire Christian Center, a temporary restraining order against Fischer’s mandate, thoroughly rebuking the mayor over the order.

2 Likes

Yeah. If true, that mayor is stupid.

1 Like

That is not a small rinky-dink church. I hope nobody else pays the price for Spell’s foolishness.

1 Like

Our church is having online services with a very small number of people actually there. Prayers, song leading,a sermon and communion.

I am actually watching 4 services per weekend(on the internet) now plus wed night bible study(from our minister). Also a couple of tv services from a minister out of Atlanta.

2 of those 4 sunday services are churches my daughters attend and 1 a church i used to attend before i moved 7 years ago.

Interesting to actually be watching more services than when the churches were open.

I love the variety of sermons.

Went to Church first time since COVID. No singing allowed apparently in singing more likely to spread stuff. Nice to go back to Church for an actual Mass. Wore the mask, maintained social distance, & received the Body of Christ. Missed not being able to go to Mass for a couple of months. Ain’t the same watching Mass online.