Christian Group Clarifies That Trump Is Not Jesus

https://www.google.com/amp/s/reason.com/blog/2018/11/05/group-behind-cringeworthy-billboard-has/amp

Here is their post regarding the “The Word Became Flesh” Trump billboard…

“[J]ust as King David liberated the faithful in his day, President Trump is doing this today through his protection of the unborn, defense of our land against foreign invaders and standing up for Israel. He surrounds himself with champions for Christian Rights –Mike Pence, Neil Gorsuch, and Brett Kavanaugh. Compared to the disaster of a president we had in Obama, how is this not the “word become flesh” for Americans? As Christians we must not stand against God’s will despite the persecution we face for doing so.”

Yeah, that’s a pretty lame response after running this billboard…

But they did get their shots in on Obama. Kind of expected that from a group that would run an religious ad featuring Donald Trump.

Yeshua wept.
Once again people of poor character have hijacked Christianity as a means to attack, influence and control. This is not being like Christ.

2 Likes

Yeah, that verse has a very clear meaning. They knew full well what they were implying when they posted the sign on the billboard.

I’m getting increasingly disgusted with the American version of Christianity - and I’m speaking as one who has been evangelical my whole life. This is getting into heresy zone.

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the
[Republican] party, and they’re sure trying to do so, it’s going to be a
terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and
governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting
in the name of God, so they can’t and won’t compromise. I know, I’ve tried
to deal with them.” ~ Barry Goldwater

and

“…When you say ‘radical right’ today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party away from the Republican Party, and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye.” ~ Barry Goldwater

I’m not sure why Barry Goldwater doesn’t get more credit. He predicted this current political environment perfectly.

1 Like

So Donald’s not Jesus, he’s King David.

'Cause, you know, David did tours in Personal Vietnam, too!

Getting? That’s generous.

Religious people controlling politics in other countries = BAD

Religious people controlling politics in our country = GOOD

1 Like

It’s important to keep in mind that of course, this group doesn’t speak for the whole of Christianity, or even the whole of American Protestantism.

It’s still vile.

Halleluiah!

1 Like

Well this is not exactly True. Saudi Arabia is the single most theocracy in world and idiots in this country love them to death. Since idiots have joined Cult of Trump Muslim Terrorist and former KGB communists are OK now and Canadian’s are the true enemy of America.

I agree with blackwolf, these people don’t represent the whole. The majority of White and latino Catholics and black protestants are against trump policies. White evangelicals is the only religious group where the majority are in the tank for trump.

It’s responses like the one from that religious group that fill my heart with gladness and make me want to start going back to church again.

But this time around, I’m bringing kneepads. Those pew kneelers can be hell.

1 Like

Today’s evangelicals are about as un-Christlike as you can get. They worship money, loathe the poor, enjoy the suffering of others, judge the sin of others while ignoring theirs, preach hate over love - the exact opposite of Jesus.

2 Likes

Are you sure that message was not for leftists who had their brain Hacked from this Rooskie ad?

Have they told Trump yet.

Doubtful…

I word Cult comes to mind.