CHOP, just another fine example of the failure of modern liberalism

I believe most of CHOP was probably made up of people further to the left than liberals.

1 Like

give us a couple examples of how so

For there to be any point to that, you would both have to agree on the definition of liberal first.

no we would just need to know each other’s definition of it.

I believe CHOP had more to do with a bunch of anarchists than it had to do with liberalism. Amazing how the talking point of “liberals want to take over the government so they can control everything” went to “liberals kicked out the government. See they fail at everything. Lulz.” It’s pathetic really.

1 Like

The Democrat elected mayor of Seattle fully enabled CHOP to develop and verbally supported it.

1 Like

And clearly he represents all liberals just as Trump represents all conservatives, right?

1 Like

The Democrat elected mayor of Seattle fully enabled CHOP to develop and verbally supported it. Furthermore I don’t recall any Liberal on TV or here saying anything negative about this at least early on. It can be argued that Liberalism and Conservatism is what each generation defines it as.

The elected representatives are absolutely reflections of the philosophy of their respective parties of each era.

Of course they are. :laughing:

Not sure why you are laughing have you seen who the Democrat nominee for president is? Creepy touchy-feely Joe Biden. But I digress. Now back to a logical conversation, what I said is indeed the case. Also I am talking about at the philosophical level.

Interesting, so you’re saying you identify philosophically across the board with everything Trump says/does? Is that how that works now?

No that’s not what I’m saying. Earlier I said that it can be argued that Liberalism and Conservatism is what each generation defines it as, and I also tie that into my comment before about the elected representatives being reflection of where the parties are philosophically today. Objectively speaking that doesn’t mean that one single person speaks for all Conservatives/Republicans or all Liberals/Democrats. I have also said before that this current two party is an abject failure and has really only benefited those in power.

Seattle…the next San Francisco.

That’s been the case for a while, much of it non-politically. Growing West coast cities, tech boom, similar topography, Seattle is just a couple of decades behind. Btw, both are absolutely beautiful, interesting places.

2 Likes

I agree…which is what makes it so sad .

I bet I am the only one here who’s actually been to CHOP. I was there in person a couple of weeks ago. It was definitely lots of liberals, at least during the day.

F.e. they had some makeshift cafe with a couch and some chairs in the street and a whiteboard.

Whiteboard had instructions that encouraged that all conversations inside the cafe be “centered around de-colonization and anti-racism” :speak_no_evil:

Aren’t they both also places that are unaffordable to most middle class Americans?

That’s one area where I think conservatives are short-sighted - castigating all cities as liberal hellholes. F.e. Chicago is a beautiful city with amazing architecture , culture and food scene, museums, world class public transit, and so much more. Of course, if you watch and listen to nothing but right-wing outlets, you probably think that it’s nothing but gangland with high taxes.

They’re quite pricey like most prosperous places.

1 Like