Cell Phone Geek Needed

^
BACKGROUND:
So my wife and I have been Sprint customers for over 15 years. Yes we’ve periodically looked at changing service but at the end of the day things always seemed to be pretty even or less expensive so we had no real reason to change carriers.

We have a unlimited family plan which included ourselves, son and daughter and we the daughter went overseas we swapped her out for my MIL.

CURRENTLY:
So I owned Android phones for a number of years but about 4-5 years ago and switched to an iPhone 6s. BTW - I’m a Windows guy at home and at work, but iPhone just work - never had an issue.

FUTURE:
So I was planning on replacing my 6S with a new phone maybe this fall. Currently I’m looking at the SE or 11. I don’t like “big” phones, so the 6S form factor is the same for the new SE and the 11 is only slightly larger. I’m not a big “phone apps” buy. I use it for calls, texting, and I stream a hell of a lot of video (CNN, FOX, and YT are typically streaming in the backgrounds as I work).

QUESTION:
So I’ve tried to find information about replacing my phone but the Google noise with the T-mobile/Sprint merger. I’m looking for some specific information on phone replacement since I was looking at it later this year anyway. Without the merger I’d have stayed with a Sprint version of the SE or 11.

So…as to replacing the phone.

T-mobile and Sprint use different transmission protocols. If I replace my phone should I use a T-mobile version of the phone or stay with the Sprint version? The companies have merged, I think in the next 3-5 years we will see the Sprint network fade away and everything will be T-mobile, so I’m wary of replacing the phone now with Sprint, then being forced to replace it again in the next couple of years but my current phone is at least 4-years old and getting a little long in the tooth.
.WW

Buy a flip phone…

Just toss this out here.

I like rugged over gimmicks.

Service requirements are unusual so read carefully.

Somewhat $$$

Appreciate it, but like I said I do a lot of video. Normally my phone is on a stand under my monitor so I’m streaming while working.
.WW

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Portable-Protective-Charging-Extended/dp/B07G34JHSF?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

Appreciate it, but I like putting a battery case on mine. Gives me a full recharge from zero where ever I’m at. Which includes out shopping with the better half who after 33 years hasn’t figured out that “shopping” is not a spectator sport.
.WW

The thought of that gives me the creeps to much.

I like my privacy. Beside my flip been good to me. Takes a beating and keep ringing. :wink:

Why does it give you the creeps? My first career was maintaining aircraft, now in my second career I’m a white collar database guy.
.WW, PSHS