Case study number 8 million on why Democrats should NEVER be in power. Our agreement ended, so we will seize your property

So it’s black or white? I thought all good progressives were adept at nuance?

I can’t think of any good reason for the government seizing private property.

Well without it we wouldn’t have most of our roads, highways, pipelines or electric utilities in most of the country.

I think your democratic party ID card just burst into flames.

Most of that infrastructure was established long ago when there was far less disruption of developed property.

I stand by my statement

Is eminent domain a Democrat policy? I’m confused.

I think your talking about leaders of some countries I’d rather not live in or visit.

Do you like the interstate highway system?

How about a lot of major highways?

how about water projects?

Some government buildings?

Military installations?

Airports?

Rarely have those been required to use imminent domain on developed private property.

I have stared at thousands of historical aerial photos as part of my job, most of the time highways and roads were improvements to private land, using existing roads, providing access. They are not clearing homes to build them.

Seriously? Different contexts, different justifiability.

Los Angeles should just implement rent control instead of using eminent domain or bothering with covenants.

Nope, but seizing private property to give out to their voters sure is.

Nah…I’m just saying we have nobody. No where, in either party to say this is just ridiculous…stop already. I really hope the other congressmen in the State of California Assembly see the idiocy in this and put an end to it.

Irrelevant, the precedent was set over 200 years ago.

ED has to be used on new infrastructure projects on a regular basis and always will be.

Horse hockey. Every time a roadway or right of way is expanded which is bordered by private property ED is used to condemn and purchase the necessary land whenever land owners aren’t willing to simply accept what’s offered.

The same holds true when new shopping centers, malls, stadiums etc are built.

an the city here is using ED to keep the building affordable housing.

Which is rare in respect to the things Snow listed, which were almost entirely established long ago.

No it isn’t “rare” it’s common practice.

No it’s not.