Careful what you vote for, cause you just might get it! + Do you actually believe these Left wing politicians care about us?

Try listing current non-employment issues being pushed by the Union. Just like today’s Democratic Party isn’t the party of yesterday, today’s Union isn’t the union of yesterday.

1 Like

minimum wage. 7.25 an hour is ridiculous.

from the afl cio website.

“Despite two-thirds of Americans supporting raising the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour, it has stood at $7.25 an hour since July 2009 when it was last increased. Since then, it has lost 14.8% of its purchasing power to inflation (in 2018 dollars), and 28.6% less than it was at its peak in terms of purchasing power in 1968.“

Allan

Minimum wage laws are ridiculous. they inflate prices and incentivize automation. I saw what the UAW did to my home town. Grew up in a UAW household. I’ll take my first hand experience over your platitudes.

2 Likes

Those “RINOs” need to be identified for what they really are . . . domestic enemies of our written Constitution and the United States . . . and the proof is their voting record which documents their attack on the general welfare of the United States and her citizens.

JWK

There is no surer way to weaken, subdue and bring to its knees a prosperous and freedom loving country than by flooding it with deadly drugs, an inflated currency and the poverty stricken, poorly educated, low skilled, diseased, disabled, criminal and terrorists, of other countries.

2 Likes

State issue, every single state has a different cost of living.

2 Likes

Do I get paid time and a half for overtime?

no minimum wage of 7.25 is ridiculous.

cant even buy 2 gallons of gas for that wage.

Allan

if you are employed by someone you do unless you are an exempt employee.

Allan

So you want even more inflation through government policy. Mandated wage increases will only trigger more inflation. Economic literacy is your friend, I encourage you to work on increasing your level.

1 Like

is inflation somehow lower in states with the 7.25 instead of 15?

Allan

Went right over your head.

unsure how a 15 an hour job differs from a 7.25 one.

they dont.

i dont see how paying people a living wage effects inflation.

Allan

Wages differ by geographic region and scope of responsibility, just to name a couple of factors. A greater than 100% increase in the minimum wage, along with contract triggered increases to other wage levels tied to the minimum wage, on a nation wide scale would increase the amount of dollars chasing a limited amount of goods and services. That triggers inflation. As I said, work on your economic literacy level.

2 Likes

Which has nothing to do with you detesting a free-market, free enterprise, meritocracy in which people are free to negotiate the value of their own labor.

JWK

Our Democrat Party’s Authoritarian Leadership detests people being left free to mutually agree in their contracts and associations, and likewise detests a free market, free enterprise system.

“We”? “Righties”?

What on earth does your inflammatory post have to do with people wanting to be free to negotiate the value of their own labor?

Seems to me you have a fundamental disagreement with a fundamental principle of our nation’s founding which is, securing the blessings of liberty and the people’s inalienable right to pursue their own happiness.

JWK

“……with all these blessings, what more is necessary to make us a happy and a prosperous people? Still one thing more, fellow-citizens—a wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicities“. Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address

Everyone knows you need some laws. It’s not a choice between no laws or complete a total control.
But we have far to many laws. I’d rather have markets with more influence over prices than politicians.

That’s how we get 6$ gas in Cal etc… Big oil loves it and the poor get poorer.

Thomas Jefferson wrote in his First Annual Message to Congress:

”Agriculture, manufactures, commerce, and navigation, the four pillars of our prosperity, are the most thriving when left most free to individual enterprise.”

JWK

Under today’s authoritarian democrat party leadership, our government doesn’t help to fix the nation’s problems. It fixes the people, like Trump, who dare to point to the nation’s problems.

2 Likes

It looks like more and more New Yorkers are starting to realize that these Democrat virtue signaling phonies don’t give two ■■■■■ about them or their families!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/over-half-of-new-yorkers-believe-illegal-immigrant-crisis-will-destroy-city/ar-AA1j2RWt?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=11e79dd018b242d9ae9e283e7a1f7d78&ei=110

2 Likes

D.C. is a Democrat created utopia, where 13 year old kids are out at night hijacking cars! Maybe it’s just part of their liberal education? :man_shrugging:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/d-c-youth-fatally-shot-by-victim-of-attempted-carjacking-police-say/ar-AA1j2Ugi?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=23f923b1117a44408965330317e6ead5&ei=39

1 Like

I know the cost of textiles has gone up. Last week was the first time I saw a dress over $500.