Canada forward bill to ban conversion therapy nationwide

Canadian liberal party has forward a bill to ban the practice outright on minors and making it illegal to profit from the practice. the bill has support from all major parties and likely will pass without much debate.

Justice Minister David Lametti has introduced a bill that would crack down on the practice of conversion therapy by outlawing its use on minors and making it illegal to engage in it for profit.

“Today, I am happy to share that we have made significant progress in addressing an issue that is close to the hearts of many Canadians, our promise to protect Canadians from conversion therapy,” Lametti said Monday.

“We’re telling doctors and professionals that we want to see this act eradicated. I’m not sure I can make that more clear.”

1 Like

In my opinion any medical doctor involved should be struck off for life.

1 Like

Good.

no commentary

Are they going to ban it both ways?

Why does Canada hate people who are trying to improve their mindsets?

Or slow the spread of AIDS.

1 Like

What about drag queens dancing around in sexually explicit clothing, reading stories about deciding what gender you choose to be…to very young children?

Good. Anyone who thinks conversion therapy is a good thing is a moron.

2 Likes

People need to be true to themselves. Love shouldn’t be confined to truck stop restrooms.

3 Likes

Good point.

My wife and I are such incompetent parents that the one hour my daughters might spend at Drag Queen Story Hour is enough to overcome their massive princess collections and need to wear “pretty dresses” when playing soccer.

I’d best keep them away. Turning ‘em trans on me…

1 Like

Did you actually allow your children to be exposed to this filth?

Yes - one story, and now these are my five year old girls:

I have failed them.

6 Likes

Don’t worry, gay adults can still pay people to help them pretend they’re straight if they want to, even though it leads to “depression, social isolation and often to self harm.”

“Justice Minister David Lametti has introduced a bill that would crack down on the practice of conversion therapy by outlawing its use on minors and making it illegal to engage in it for profit.”

If only they’d crack down on the pedophilia that causes homosexuality in the first place.

:man_shrugging:

Pedophilia is legal in Canada?

Oh, there’s a law against it already? Problem solved!

:rofl:

What do you think they should do to prevent pedophilia that they aren’t doing?

Yes, they raised the age of consent from 14 to 16 in 2008.

Baby steps indeed. lol