Can we see removed posts?

Is there a way to learn which posts were flagged and removed? I’d just like to see which were removed so I don’t repeat an offense.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I would second the request. Some posts of mine were also deleted, specifically why I don’t know, the only reason given was this message:

I know it wasn’t abusive or rule violation, obviously it was because a poster “feels it is offensive”.

Which would be a new rule with this new forum. On the old boards, it was discussed extensively among mods whether what you “feel” or whether you are “offended” is a violation. Finally it was decided that merely offending a poster was not a violation, nor did the way they “feel” have any relevance.

But the message I got obviously ignores that ruling from the old board. So my question is, why is whether you “feel offended” a rule violation again, when it wasn’t before?

No you can’t see posts that were deleted (this one doesn’t even show that it was deleted like the old board).

When a post is reported, the mods are given a message. We go and look at the post and determine if it’s withing the rules of the board. Lately a lot of posts are making it about the person who made the post (against the rules) instead of about the post.

I’m not saying that was the case in the posts in question – but it’s happening a LOT more now.

Basic rule of thumb: don’t call other guest liars or trolls, and don’t go after the person making the post.

dude you guys are removing so many posts that dont even begin to come close to violating the TOS.

If we were going to remove posts that address the poster you would have maybe 5 posts on this board to read. We talk to each other on here…It happens.

I just had one flagged and removed. No idea what i said, but i know it wasnt a violation, But since i cant see it and you wont show me, i will learn nothing…

Thats smart, but by all means keep going…its ruining the board…

4 Likes

My favorite is the posts the require moderator approval, because one of the words requires approval before being posted. As far as I can tell, those posts are never allowed, and if they are it’s so far after the point that I posted that it isn’t even relevant anymore. As a result, if I want to make my point I’m left trying to pinpoint which word was not allowed by trial and error and copy and paste while removing one questionable word with a word that isn’t on the secret naughty list.

Actually about a 90% approval rate . . . . at least the one’s I’ve seen

Don’t feel bad. I don’t have access to the list, so I’m in the dark as well. It also works as a spam filter.

I understand it’s use as a spam filter. I want to believe that’s it’s primary function.

I noticed you snipped this part about the posts being approved.

Which, in my opinion, is usually 5-10 minutes after the original post. If i have to wait longer than that, I would rather just reword my post so it was acceptable. I’m not married to any specific word, if my over all point is made.

I know it’s not your fault. Nobody expects moderators to interact with anyone who could actually fix the issues that plague this site. I’m trying to call Hannity during his show to complain about these issues. If he can’t fix them, then I don’t believe anyone can, and we should all just migrate to somewhere that doesn’t have these issues.

1 Like

When the mod deletes a certain post all those that reply or linked to that post get deleted as well.

what if a guest is lying or trolling?

When a post is flagged it is not.

No, only when mods delete the post certain post does all those that are connected to that post gets deleted.

At least that’s my observation.

All I know is there is a certain poster that every time he shows up in a thread, posts start disappearing. If he gets caught in a lie or disagrees with someone’s post, he will flag the hell out of it. He is rude to people and flat out accuses people of being racists. His posts always remains in tact but the people that reply to him are the ones deleted. The sad part is, we all know who I’m talking about.

4 Likes

Refute their facts with your own. Address their post NOT them
If it’s a troll post report it and ignore it.