Can we finally just put the whole "Militia Clause" to rest now?

Ah Bob but it gives me the means to.

1 Like

That wouldn’t hold up in court.

Of course it will Bob.

We’ve been over this numerous. “Well Regulated” has nothing to do with the modern use of the term “regulated”. It simply means working properly.

“A well regulated Militia can be an effective fighting force”.

“A well regulated Clock, keeps proper time”.

We can’t be called up and compelled into service but we can certainly still do so voluntarily if/when needed.

I’m sure you’ll be the first man in the stack on pickup day.

Then call everyone eligible up and start training and disciplining them.

It is the well armed populace skilled and disciplined in the use of their own arms that allows you to raise a ready militia in times of emergency.

Imagine what it would cost the gov’t to provide the weapons and training for everyone eligible… .

The DOD budget would probably have to be at least doubled.

Hoplophobe fantasies.

Yes and you can of your own accord pass along your skill and experience to the next generation, an even more important duty.

Correct, they are a danger to The Criminal Class.

https://www.ammoland.com/2014/01/grandmother-shoots-armed-robber-to-defend-granddaughter/#axzz68KMUjzM9

That’s based on mean age at time of death. Keep in mind it wasn’t unusual to loose 2 or 3 of five children to injury and disease before they reached maturity in that age.

https://eh.net/encyclopedia/fertility-and-mortality-in-the-united-states/

Still birth rates were high, infant, and child mortality rates were even higher.

If you lived to 30 your chances of living to sixty were very good.

I made it very clear. We’ve been mocked here for years distinguishing between the organized and disorganized militia.

The US code makes it clear that both exist.

If you have an issue with that take it up with congress.

Yes, let’s base our perception of life expectancy in Europe solely on the period from 1933 to 1946.

It was rare? I just typed in some of the founding fathers and the ones I typed lived into their 70’s and even 80’s. I kept going and if about 20, I only found two that lived less than 65 years.

Hard to make it to 65 if you die of smallpox, measles, whooping cough, Indian raids, war, diphtheria, influenza, yellow fever, tuberculosis, cholera, polio, typhoid, starvation, exposure etc before you hit 15.

You don’t really understand how life expectancy rates are calculated do you?

We aren’t editing it, we are explaining it.

Service in any formal militia is not a requirement of a preexisting right and it is established law, settled law, that our right to keep and bear arms is a preexisting right and The 2nd Amendment merely prohibits gov’t from infringing on that right.

Whey don’t you answer the question?

A well read electorate being necessary to a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed.

Do I have to vote to own and read books?

Where is that part in the constitution?

Stop deflecting, it’s an object lesson.