Can we at least all agree: campaigns should NOT be allowed

…to generate fake pictures using AI?

Regardless of our polarization, shouldn’t we as citizens and voters tell campaigns that fake AI images are off limits?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

save the deep fakes for federal courts

I agree but I don’t see it much different then cutting snippets out of a speaches to make it sound different than what was actually said.

3 Likes

We should take a stand against that too

2 Likes

Yes I would hope we can all agree on that.

Like fake dossiers.

2 Likes

The moment we agree libs would break that agreement at first opportunity…it’s what libs do.

1 Like

Sure, that was bad. Not as bad as lying about Russian collusion with the FBI helping Hillary spread lies…

Can we all agree someone from the FBI should be in jail for that, so it does not happen again?

2 Likes

And yet weirdly, it was Desantis who has done it.

1 Like

There’s a thread for that.

It isn’t this one.

1 Like

Doxing photos to make you’re opponent look bad been going on as long as this country exist.

that is not Doxing is. nor is what happened with DeSantis here. The correct term is “making ■■■■ up”

LOL do you realize how funny you are?

Someone needs to be fired and a public statement that this nonsense wasn’t endorsed by DeSantis. If it was, add another name to the do no vote for list.

:joy:

That’s why we have all those photos of washington crossing the Potomac :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

(I am not being serious)

1 Like

I have problems with “NOT be allowed”.

We have political cartoons that do the same thing. We’ve had photoshopped images create controversy. Lighting changed to make a subject look more sinister. Or cheerful.

Is it the AI element that should not be allowed? If so, what about statements or speeches written by AI?

I’d rather see the market handle it. Bring the incident to light and let the consumer decide (for himself) what to do with it.

I can agree with that. Or, a large lettering on the picture that says, “AI GENERATED IMAGE”

1 Like