Can Ukraine win, and what exactly would that victory look like?

We could have built a Great Wall of China at the border for starters and closed our border.

Instead we are pissing away tens of billions on the Ukraine border. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

…and as another result, it’s costing this country over 100 billion a year due to illegal aliens.

How Much Do Illegal Immigrants Cost the U.S.?
Published Feb 02, 2024 at 5:57 PM EST

The issue is a $150.7 billion one, shared between federal and state governments, and that’s just one year.

3 Likes

These people never heard of Afghanistan?

:person_facepalming:

Does not an endless war lowers the number of people surviving?

1 Like

Do they have the manpower to do what is needed?

https://go.gale.com/ps/i.do?id=GALE|A771779624&sid=sitemap&v=2.1&it=r&p=AONE&sw=w&userGroupName=anon~7b30d758&aty=open-web-entry#:~:text=The%20average%20Ukrainian%20soldier%20is,20%20months%20into%20the%20war.

The average Ukrainian soldier is 43-years-old, according to Time Magazine.

When the war began in February 2022, the average Ukrainian soldier was between 30 and 35 years old.

Ukraine is battling mounting manpower problems more than 20 months into the war.

To be fair to their manpower issues, they don’t draft 18-24 year olds. So they’ve still got that market to tap into. Which really they should have already.

And then if it gets more desperate than that, you pull a WWII Germany and start drafting 16 year olds and women. And allowing kids as young as 14 to volunteer (a bunch of 14 year old German boys fought at Berlin in 1945)

Got to ask yourself the question: how much is liberty worth. The Ukrainians will be forced to answer that question at some point.

I think the issue is that Ukraine was hoping that the Western powers would pick up more of the slack and they wouldn’t need to declare a Levee on Masse. The Levee gets you a lot of troops quickly, but it kind of cripples your society in the aftermath because so many people are emotionally or physically destroyed by it.

But considering we are never going to send troops over there and support is in that weird place of being held hostage for financial reasons, they should just go ahead and declare a Levee on Masse and draft everyone who can hold and fire a rifle and be trained to do other jobs. So all the 18-24 year old men need to be called up to fight, physically fit women should be called up to fight, and women who aren’t physically as fit should be called up to handle logistics duties, freeing up the men doing those jobs to go to the front. That is what I would do if I was in charge. Justification is survival of the nation.

Like I said, how much is Liberty worth? What’s the appropriate level of sacrifice?

1 Like

President Zelensky defines a win as pushing Russia back to borders before 2014.

That’s ambitious. I’d aim for 2022. Much easier.

Maybe all those Democrats waiving Ukrainian flags for the cameras in the Capitol would like to volunteer to help fill the gap?

2 Likes

No they can’t, they were never going to push Russia out of Crimea much less Donetsk which that war has been going on since 2014 with little to no movement. All they are doing is feeding the machine as Ukraine loses more territory. The Democratic media are bringing people on their shows like John Bolton and Lindsey Graham to talk about the war were as the majority of republicans are trying to get away from the Bush jr neocon party status.

1 Like

they do not have as bad manpower issues as anyone thinks.

do the math

currently a little less than 40M Ukrainians

figure 1/2 are men

1M are in the military

Using Russias bloated casualty figures that means a total of less than 2M who are either in the military, or cannot fight (dead or seriously wounded)

Ukraine currently mobilizes men between 25 and 55

Do you seriously think that only 2M out of 20M men in Ukraine are between 25 and 55? Not to mention plenty between 18 and 25 who are not mobilized now.

Ukraine’s problem is NOT manpower, its ammunition.

They should just declare the Levee on Masse and be serious. There’s no excuse for why they’re letting 18-24 year olds off the hook.

Matter of fact it’s 2024. They should be drafting women too.

What about the 6-7 million refugees that left at the start of the war, they weren’t all women. I question that 40 million Ukrainians figure.

It’s hard to think everything is ok with manpower when the government is setting to punish the people who left at the outbreak of war.

Ukraine on Tuesday suspended consular services for men of fighting age living abroad, after announcing measures to bring them home amid manpower shortages in the army fighting Russia.

The move, which will hinder the renewal of official documents abroad, drew criticism. It is part of efforts to boost Ukraine’s army, which has been struggling to hold the front lines partly because of a lack of soldiers.

there were 60M before the war. question whatever you wish.

Yes, and I have also seen the videos of Russian police chasing and tackling Russian draft dodgers. Are they running out of men? Thats what you do with draft dodgers, capture them.

I suspect both sides are in much worse shape than is being publicly acknowledged.

And both sides have been clearly lying about their casualties. You don’t do WWI style trench sieges without the WWI stupidly high casualty rates. Especially the Russians, who have been literally charging men into machine gun fire from Ukrainian trenches.

Based on how the Russians have been fighting, I’m concerned they’re running out of “Hero of the Federation” medals for their soldiers.

true, mostly if you’re on offense and use meatwaves… like Russia.

For the majority of this conflict, and in the highest casualty areas, Ukraine has been on defense most of the time. Much lower casualties on that side.

Are you sure about that number 60 million?

At least the static’s graph it looks like are not counting refugees into population. But they are counting those in Russian occupied areas into the Ukrainian population. So the 2 million population alone in Crimea which all have Russian passports gets included as Ukraine total population.

I would bet the figure is closer to 25-30 million but we probably will never know. Zelensky himself said over a half million military capable men have left the country since 2022.

And if you declare the levee on masse that stops. Because anyone who tries to leave gets a Makarov pointed at their head. People consent real fast in that situation.

You can get shot for sure by the Republic or possibly get shot by the Russians. Pick wisely comrade.