Can Anyone Explain Gauged Ears?

Not too many places I could get a tat where I wouldn’t have to get something that looks good in a fur coat.

One of my tats is on my leg. I had to shave that area before getting the tattoo two months ago and since then no hair has regrown where the tat is at. I shaved extra not knowing just how much room the tat would take up and the areas without a tat have grown back. I’ve seen people with scalp tatoos grow hair over them so I know it doesn’t completely suppress hair growth but I’m thinking it does limit regrowth.

That has me thinking, instead of a tat, a mini crop circle!

When it grows in I can get a new one.

Woo Hoo!

I’ll bring back the popularity of hirsute men.

:laughing:

1 Like

You should just shave the rest to make it uniform. There’s nothing wrong with that.

It’s not exactly new or created by modern, civilized society.

Not sure why any woman would have them. But I imagine guys with them probably get laid more than average.

Hey guys why do people like things that I don’t like? It’s weird.

3 Likes

So asking a question makes one “intellectually old”? OK.

I was curious because one young woman, when not wearing the jewelry, at least had a fairly even hole, but the other, who had the bigger jewelry, it looked as if the coyote outside our building had bitten a chunk out of her ear.

Ouch!

Yeah, it’s not new. I saw it starting in my college years in the early 90s. Was even friends with some folks who had them. I don’t like the permanence of them (at least with a tattoo, you can hide it during work hours depending on location on your body), but hey, who am I to judge.

And to Native Sun: No. Just no.

:rofl::rofl:

Pics or I don’t believe it.

:slight_smile:

How about a tatt of Chilly Willy? Or Opus from “Bloom County”?

1 Like

:thinking:

Cultural diffusion which is something that should be welcomed in the UNITED STATES. We are supposed to be a melting pot of different cultures where we unite and ACCEPT other cultures to form our own culture which is a mish mash of all the other cultures. But in butthurt 2018 people get offended as cultures diffuse into each other and they then like you pout because of it. You want cultural isolation which is why people get offended when instead you should embrace the acceptance that comes with diffusion.

Which? Seems like almost every continent is covered… and yes, Celtics included.

Cartoon penguins, Lou.

Technically Native Sun is right. This practice has numerous cultural origins.

Bordowung from other cultures is pretty cool, IMO, if it’s something you like & isn’t permanent if you change your mind.

Trying a clothing style with other origin, or different kind of food. Looks like this one, though, either can’t be reversed or is costly to repair if possible.

Someone should suggest a loop of working T-Gauge track for these people. Use their ears as tunnels. Now that’s gonna get attention!

Different cultures do things that to them their entire culture sees it as a perfectly sane thing to do.

There are indigenous tribes on other continents that stretch their lips, some that elongate their necks, and so on.

Hell we here in America have our own little disfiguring we like to do to our baby males to the tune of an average of 80%. Now to be sure this is not a fashion trend or an attention seeking thing. But it is a culturally acceptable thing that has long been embraced.

1 Like

Perv :joy:

1 Like