Can a state university declare a background photo of the president "cyberbullying"?

Anything disruptive should be excluded.

Saying you will “fight to the death” after naming a specific group (BLM) you don’t agree with can be interpreted as a threat. People may not agree or brush it off as hyperbole. That doesn’t matter. If it meets the legal or the university’s code of conduct definition of a threat, that’s all that matters. It pretty easily meets the legal definition of a threat. In my non-lawyer opinion which I realize doesn’t matter either.

1 Like

Thanks for your input.

Thank you.

Patrick Henry would be expelled then.

I think the meaning of the word “threat” has been corrupted.

2 Likes

If its a state University banning someones free speech, it is a first amendment case.

All about context. Fight to the death for our country, sure. Fight to the death against BLM, the leftist agenda and white self haters? Not so much.

Legal definition of threat:

A menace designed to intimidate the person on whom it is directed to take some action, and which carries with it some sanction if not performed.

Saying you are willing to fight BLM and white self haters to the death unless we “get past” their leftist agenda seems to meet the definition.

If they are a state school, they cannot make rules that infringe on first amendment rights. Its not just their sandbox, its the constitution.

1 Like

The article I linked to has a link to the school’s code of conduct. Perhaps you can find where they are doing what you are suggesting.

If they are selecting out one person for his political speech and penalizing, I don’t care what their code says. They are applying it counter to the first amendment. It’s bizarre to pretend he was threatening anyone.
Why didn’t they penalize those who complained because he used a picture of the President for harassing him?

1 Like

He said

“If we can’t get past this, ok, I’m ready to fight to the death for our county and against those that want to take it down.”

So I guess you are ok with it as I am.

2 Likes

I will kill Bob. Threat.

I will fight to the death. Statement of commitment.

1 Like

Funny how the libs on here have numerous times said speech is not threatening and we are just a bunch of snowflakes. Case in point the couple in KC who felt threatened from the protesters.

1 Like

Context.

I will fight to the death. Statement of commitment.

If group X continues to push their agenda I will fight them to the death. Threat.

I am done with the leftist agenda of BLM and the white self haters. I have seen it in action in my doctoral classes at Stockton and the general media. I’m not backing down. If we can’t get past this, ok, I’m ready to fight to the death for our county and against those that want to take it down.

Group named. Not backing down. Will fight to the death against those who want to take it down. He already name a member of “those who want to take it down.”

You can disagree. The only thing that matters is if he made a threat by the legal definition or if he broke the code of conduct of his school. If he had left out the “fight to the death” part, neither the school nor his accusers would have a basis for their actions. He did. They do.

Mature argument: I don’t believe in the policies of group X.

Immature, possible illegal argument: I don’t believe in the policies of group X. If they don’t change, I will fight to the death.

Except for continuing to miss the context, sure. Try reading and including the sentences immediately before that in which he names groups who are “trying to take it down.”

Not a threat.

Yes. Martin Luther King Jr. fought to the death for civil rights and for the future of America.

Fighting for a cause includes non-violent action.

1 Like

I hope they do. When the kid gets through suing them for civil rights violations they can have a 200 year long bake sale to get enough money to reopen.

Instead of defunding the police, I suggest defunding state universities that suppress free speech and promote extreme leftist ideology.

We need ideological diversity in the liberal arts and social sciences, not just different complexions.

3 Likes

They were concerened that Mr. Dailyda may have similar views and thoughts.

That is a very scary reason to act on a complaint. Concern not about actions. but possible thoughts and views.

5 Likes