California Proposition 16

Mixed children growing up in a stable home with a faithful marriage, who will then go on to lead successful lives themselves. They will be the bridge that binds.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

Shirley, you jest!

1 Like

No children out of wedlock
High school diploma
Get a job

The future is a beautiful shade of brown.

1 Like

Oh and

cMfkFGP

1 Like

The oldest human remains found in Britain were that of a brown man with blue eyes. Perhaps the future is also a return to our genetic roots.

They call him Cheddar Man.

2 Likes

I remember voting for Proposition 209 in California back in 1996.

I wouldn’t get all excited just yet:

The fact is that more and more children in the US are born to single mothers and that a high percentage of the children born in the US are to parents of low economic status. But I guess a lib can make the argument that parents are overrated since all we really need is a “village” and the big government cradle to grave free stuff!

An opportunity for improvement, no doubt.

I should have said “with the father in the home.” Government certification of the relationship is not necessary.

I have all the faith in the world that things will turn around in that regard. Anecdotally, I’ve known dozens of friends who came from broken homes like that who are now married and have all their kids with one person and pay all their own bills. A lot of people with similar backgrounds to them see us living this life, and they want it too (and are willing to work for it). Roots are not the arbiters of the future.

Low regulations and taxes are a great way of helping people help themselves. Poor people tend to invent some of the best things, and start some of the coolest businesses.

1 Like