California Poised To Require Presidential Candidates Release Tax Returns Before Appearing On Ballot

There is no national election. There are 50 individual State elections.

Which are conducted under Federal Election rules. States can control who is on the ballot during the Primaries, but they cannot reject the nominees of the Parties.

In order to get on the ballot, a candidate for president of the United States must meet a variety of complex, state-specific filing requirements and deadlines. These regulations, known as ballot access laws, determine whether a candidate or party will appear on an election ballot. These laws are set at the state level. A presidential candidate must prepare to meet ballot access requirements well in advance of primaries, caucuses, and the general election.

3 Likes

Please let GA know that (as well as a host of other states). They rejected the Constitution Party candidate for President in 2016.

1 Like

Calling yourself a Party is not sufficient. All States have requirements as to what percent of the vote you must garner before you qualify as a legitimate political party.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, go with that.

I will. I always go with the facts.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This place provides great comedic relief every once in a while.

I think this is a great idea.

All the liberal strongholds that Rs aren’t going to win anyway should do this!

Rs can just ignore them and not change their vote totals at all, while all the liberals have to air their dirty laundry to the world.

Down ballot.

Why just Trump? What about all of the Politicians running for office, should they do the same?

How much more can California Republicans suffer???