California fires...its largely about land management and environmental management

We could also clear every forest, but that is not a rational solution, that is literally why people choose to live there…

WHERE did I EVER suggest clearing every forest? Come on now…

You really don’t get it, we have massive fire breaks covering all our forests, these fires combined with wind make them inconsequential.

Have you spent much time in California?

I think you have a mental picture that’s not quite the way things are.

That is equivalent to clearing a mountain town of the very reason they chose to live there. Regardless, most in fire areas do protect their property as best as possible without literally stripping the land.

Sigh Now you have said that several times. I completely get that. Ok? NOW, are you actually telling me if you make a fire break all they way around a town it won’t help? REALLY?

And this is falling way out of the context of accusations of “forestry mismanagement” by the state of California by Trump.

Well this is CA not sure what you think it is all have to do is cut down that one tree and no fire anymore.:grinning:

You are imagining some mythical scenario where towns start and stop on a line, that is also not private property… it is silly to be honest.

Which is why I asked if you have ever been to a mountain town, they are sprawling, and more rural than a city…

Surprised Fat Donald didn’t suggest California should build a wall.

I understand all that, the people out in the forest in a home here & there is one thing, but we was talking about TOWNS.

California should decide, if you are let to build in brush country then only with huge fire breaks and mandatory non flammable housing materials.

Look at the area currently affected by the fire on Google Earth.

It’s not a forested area. There are some trees, but it’s mostly chaparral.

He has, on the southern border.

I know that.

Are you saying NOTHING can be done?

A “towns” in these communities are simply the shops and city facilities, etc., the HOMES and what is being largely destroyed are spread out IN the forests…

Not much good that a fire wall there will do in Thousand Oaks etc…

He is just as dumb as I thought he was.

Thanks for pointing out his stupidity.

I was NEVER talking about those, ever. I live like that myself & take my chances. I was talking about towns.

How do you cut fire breaks into chaparral?

Should we salt the earth so it won’t regrow?