California fires...its largely about land management and environmental management

The timing is nasty and you know it.

There are breaks and fire roads everywhere, they are inconsequential with these fires and wind… you can have secondary fires start a mile or more away…

Again, you are not understanding the problem.

The northern California fire started near Poe Dam. None of the land in that area is controlled by California. The surrounding area is owned by Pacific Gas & Electric and the federal government.

I was right, your full blown hate has blinded you to reason. He didn’t blame it on the homeowners, he blamed it on how it’s managed, or the lack thereof. Or are you saying it’s being managed properly?

Leave it to liberal environmentalist whacko policies to literally burn down the State of California.

Pointing out why it happened & the need to prevent it is nasty? BALONEY!

He also threatened them with cutting off money.

WHILE PEOPLE ARE STILL DYING.

I already presented the only feasible solution, but decades of drought precludes implementing it. With time, we can.

It is a tough, complicated, and serious situation that was built up over a century; throwing blame around and the president playing politics because he views CA as an opponent is disgusting.

3 Likes

OK…You can build a firebreak around a town & it won’t let the fire reach the town. It could bring some sparks into town, but likely won’t cause a structure to light. If one does, you stand prepared to put that one out till the fire goes around the town. If YOU have a better solution, LET’S HEAR IT! All you have right now is Trump derangement syndrome.

Maybe that will motivate the insane state leadership to actually come up with solutions rather than repeats of these scenarios?

Have you ever been to a mountain town… what are you even taking about… removing every tree from the town? Clearing entire towns and perimeters of all trees, shrubs and grasses?

Not one single resident would agree to that on their PRIVATE land, and that has nothing to do with forestry management.

I’m not totally disagreeing with you, it’s just not addressing the problem, even trashing those who want to is not going to help. It’s all about environmental politics led by those who don’t understand the problem either, or, who do understand, but won’t let they get in the way of politics.

The president is gaslighting, his behavior is disgusting, that is my problem. There is no entity in 2018 to blame, this is a historic and complex issue.

It’s not about “environmental politics”… it’s about everyday people demanding any and every fire be put out for a century. It’s about fireman doing their job very well for a century until it became a problem they could no longer tackle.

I don’t see it as gaslighting at all, I thought the same thing he did. I had no malice about it or anterior motives. I don’t care for California politics, or attitudes, but I don’t want hteir towns burned down.
Actually I have been to several mountain towns. I gave my ideas/solutions. Maybe re-read a couple of my posts, perhaps they got past you with so many posting here. I’m not saying I know it all. I’m saying what is being done now is not fixing it. Much more could be done, don’t you think?

He is utterly wrong, and like I said initially, the worst part is people like you buy into it. It’s frustrating.

I think it is political, no matter who of us is right on that, what to do now? Don’t even comment on it? Don’t even try? If Trump said nothing he would have been called uncaring. If he gives his ideas/solutions/reasons why, he’s gaslighting. He can’t win.

I know a wide firebreak around a town would help that town not to burn. AM I WRONG?

We can’t control all environmental disasters, we can learn and improve. We are in a corner here due too decades of drought on top of a century of misguided fire control, creating a nightmarish scenario.

These fires may simply have too happen. It’s terrible.

There are firefighters out there right now that will lose their lives making the very breaks you initially proposed as the solution, these fires are just too big.

They will die making fire breaks long before there’s a fire? Years before? On the other hand, once the fire starts, what do you suggest they do?