BUSTED! NYT Editor Says Paper Changed Biden Sexual Assault Story Because the ‘Phrasing Was Awkward’

Originally published at: BUSTED! NYT Editor Says Paper Changed Biden Sexual Assault Story Because the ‘Phrasing Was Awkward’ | Sean Hannity

The Executive Editor of the New York Times defended his newspaper’s decision to alter a story focused on allegations of sexual assault against Joe Biden Tuesday; saying they changed the article because the phrasing was “awkward.”

“I want to ask about some edits that were made after publication, the deletion of the second half of the sentence: ‘The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable.’ Why did you do that?” asked the Times’ Ben Smith.

“Even though a lot of us, including me, had looked at it before the story went into the paper, I think that the campaign thought that the phrasing was awkward and made it look like there were other instances in which he had been accused of sexual misconduct. And that’s not what the sentence was intended to say,” said Executive Editor Dean Baquet.

“We didn’t think it was a factual mistake. I thought it was an awkward phrasing issue that could be read different ways and that it wasn’t something factual we were correcting. So I didn’t think that was necessary,” he added.

Read the full interview here.