BREAKING: Trump Cancels Trip to World Economic Forum to Focus on Border Security

Originally published at: BREAKING: Trump Cancels Trip to World Economic Forum to Focus on Border Security | Sean Hannity

President Trump abruptly canceled his international visit to the World Economic Forum Thursday; saying he plans to remain in the United States to focus on border security and his ongoing budget battle with Congressional Democrats.

“Because of the Democrats intransigence on Border Security and the great importance of Safety for our Nation, I am respectfully cancelling my very important trip to Davos, Switzerland for the World Economic Forum. My warmest regards and apologies to the @WEF!” tweeted the President.

Because of the Democrats intransigence on Border Security and the great importance of Safety for our Nation, I am respectfully cancelling my very important trip to Davos, Switzerland for the World Economic Forum. My warmest regards and apologies to the @WEF!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 10, 2019

The President touched-down in Texas Thursday to speak with local leaders and federal agents with first-hand knowledge of the escalating crisis taking place along the United States’ southern border with Mexico.

That’s so sad. I’m sure he gets and contributes a lot to that forum.