Breaking Trivia: Nikkei Stock Index finally breaks even after 35 years! 万歳! (Banzai!)

(Don’t worry, it could never happen here.)

In 1989, ten years before the Asian currency collapse, the Nikkei stock index hit it’s all time high. Then it dumped.

Last month it finally broke-even (in nominal terms, not adjusted for inflation.)

There should be much celebrating.

1 Like

I’m genuinely happy for Japan. I sincerely hope this means good things for their future.

2 Likes

Be nice if we could get a repeat of 1985-1993 with anime.

Those were the golden years because the bubble hadn’t burst just yet and Yen literally grew on trees during that time period.

IMO they still haven’t topped that generation’s animation quality. They spared no expense back then with OVAs and movies.

1 Like

IMG_0505

I just want this level of animation quality again. Hand drawn preferably.

IMG_0506

1 Like

1 Like

Those were the best of times for sure. So much good stuff came out of that period.

1 Like

Too much school girl bull ■■■■ , not enough Mech’s and space battles and super strength and comedic escapes from falling objects.

Who the ■■■■ gets a nose bleed when they see a hot chick anyway??

1 Like

I dunno. who?

2 Likes

The saga of the young teenage boy before manhood.

3 Likes

And those that never make manhood because it’s not politically correct anymore.

Japan today is overrun by sad, living anime children, competing for social acceptance and extreme cutesiness. Now they are getting older and the cutesiness is fading. They thought they were going to be stars.

Now they become Red Light district ex-anime girl.

Japan has some servere cultural issues they will have to deal with sooner or later.

Still god I love their art and music so much.

I feel for it all very deeply. I find the sadness of both the younger males and females in Japan, particularly worrisome. China wants Japan as well and there are terrible , negative karmic forces at work.

In my opinion, Japan should become an actual State of the United States, or end up being wiped off the world map by their main rivals for centuries.

They would lose a ton of their uniqueness if that ever happened though.

I think we should continue to strengthen the US-Japan military treaty though. It’s now the longest serving bilateral alliance in human history. Might as well keep it going.

Their military should be unshackled.

2 Likes

:point_up_2: That :point_up_2:

1 Like

Agreed. Article 9 needs to be completely repealed. Maybe it made sense in 1947. It doesn’t make sense in 2024.

1 Like

They’re too close an ally these days and too technologically advanced to be holding them back like this. They could single-handedly enforce our FP in the eastern pacific.

1 Like

No one wants Japan to surrender their unique culture, except the communists and the Globalists.

Especially if we continue to be the lynchpin between the otherwise antagonistic feelings between South Korea and Japan and keep them on the same side.

1 Like