Breaking: The US extracted one of its top spies from Russia in 2017, worried about exposure and Trump’s handling of intelligence

That’s what’s being thrown around for pulling the spy. If…there are others, I’m sure CNN wouldn’t leave it alone…wouldn’t you agree? If there’s more, why didn’t they report it? By your question, you’re implying that CNN is correct…and the anger of the intelligence agencies is misplaced…correct?

I believe Jim Sciutto and his reporting on this. The meeting Sciutto is referring to regarding classified intelligence sharing took place in the White House with Lavrov and Kislyak. After the media reported that Trump compromised intelligence, McMaster called the reporting completely untrue. Only to have Trump tweet the next day that he had every right to share any intelligence he wanted.

You may very well be more informed on this than I am. The news being reported right now, suggests that our intelligence agencies are very upset with this article…in that it…exposed much more…of what they’re railing against Trump for…than anything Trump did.

Weird, there’s a bunch of skid marks on the floor. They look like hastily moved goalposts and tracks going backwards. lol

And the NOAA supported Trump’s Alabama statement last week. He has proven to be able to get people and agencies to support him even when he’s wrong.

Of course you do, how could you not?

The entire story was refuted angrily by the CIA.

Care to quote the angry parts?

The entire statement.

The Central Intelligence Agency on Monday evening slammed what it called CNN’s “misguided” and “simply false” reporting, after the cable channel’s chief national security correspondent authored a hole-filled piece claiming that the CIA had pulled a high-level spy out of Russia because President Trump had “repeatedly mishandled classified intelligence and could contribute to exposing the covert source as a spy.”

The extraordinary CIA rebuke came as The New York Times published a bombshell piece late in the evening, which largely contradicted CNN’s reporting. According to the Times, CIA officials “made the arduous decision in late 2016 to offer to extract the source from Russia” — weeks before Trump even took office.

That looks like an opinion of a FoxNews reporter. It’s not the CIA’s “angry” response.
Got any of the statement by the CIA?

By the way, the link you posted goes to a 404 page

It quotes the words precisely from the CIA Spokesperson’s statement.

The link is working just fine on both of my devices.

And shows to be on the forum.

And a former Obama Official refutes it…

Who to believe…

“Former Obama Official” Speaks volumes.

This is one of the most entertaining posts I’ve experinced here. First you quote what you claim is the “entire statemen” (referring to the statement by the CIA).
Then when I point out that it is an opinion by someone at FoxNews, you claim they quoted the CIA.

The only quotes in the story are the words “misguided” and “simply false”
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I quoted the story, if you don’t like it find a better source.

I asked if you could provide some the response that you considered angry. You were able to provide a link to an article on FoxNews where someone told you the CIA responded angrily.

Is that how you came to the conclusion that the CIA responded angrily? Because FoxNews told you so?

1 Like

I did, that’s the strongest rebuke of a story and media outlet I’ve ever seen from the CIA or pretty much any other gov’t agency.

You have provided three words an didnt provide any context. You don’t even know what they said except those three words.

I quoted the entire paragraph.