Breaking: The FBI thwarted a plot to violently overthrow the government and kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer

I wish people would stop calling groups like that militia. They are homegrown terrorists and that’s what they should be called.

The FBI thwarted what they described as a plot to violently overthrow the government and kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and federal prosecutors are expected to discuss the alleged conspiracy later Thursday.

The alleged plot involved reaching out to members of a Michigan militia, according to a federal affidavit filed Thursday.

Yeah this tweet doesn’t age well:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1251169217531056130

8 Likes

“Patriots”

From the link
““At the time, the FBI interviewed a member of the militia group who was concerned about the group’s plans to target and kill police officers, and that person agreed to become a (confidential source),” the agent wrote”

There’s always a damn tweet.

But, but, Antifa!!!

3 Likes

Kidnap, assassinate the governor, seize power, then sit on a throne, and… wait for the rest of the world to line up and pay homage? This reads like a corny DC comics movie. :thinking:

3 Likes

Maybe they thought Trump would pardon them?

1 Like

That’s about the sum of it.

1 Like

This was one of the things I worried might happen with a Trump presidency. Fortunately, it was thwarted this time. Vote - make sure everyone you know votes. We’ve got to have change for the good of the nation.

3 Likes

Police need to understand that these domestic terrorists are not their friends.

We can expect more of this type of ■■■■ once trump loses.

Doxxing, endangering, or otherwise obstructing the police? How Antifa of them. :thinking:

3 Likes

Maybe they saw Les Miserables and said, “Hey, I can do that!”

These domestic terrorists were planning to kidnap the Governor at her home. Antifa!!!

:flushed:

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1314237654452654080?s=21

1 Like

Pretty sick. That’s just like what Antifa has done, only not as DC comic book villain style. :thinking:

1 Like

It doesn’t say doxxing, it says murdering cops.

I was going to mention antifa but someone else got to it first. But…in a slightly different way.

1 Like

So which particularly crazy right wing militia are these guys?

Umm, the pic posted in response to me that I was responding to says, “were attempting to obtain the addresses of law-enforcement officers.”

Murdering cops? How “fry them like bacon” of them. :thinking:

5 Likes

I refuse to believe they were serious until I get a look at their stockpiles of TP and snacks.

1 Like

What was the sentence after that in the pic you were responding to? Was it they were planning on killing the cops after getting their addresses?

2 Likes

Killing cops? How “death to America” of them, just like BLM was shouting.

You ever notice how terrorists all operate so similarly? :thinking: