Originally published at: BREAKING: Pentagon Confirms US Military Drone Shot-Down Over Yemen | Sean Hannity
US officials confirmed Wednesday that a US military drone was shot-down over Yemen late Tuesday evening.
“A U.S. military MQ-9 drone was shot down in Yemen,” reports Fox News. “The drone was shot down late on Tuesday in Yemen’s Dhamar governate, southeast of the Houthi-controlled capital Sanaa, officials told Reuters, which first reported the news.”
— The Hill (@thehill) August 21, 2019
“One U.S. official told Reuters that the drone had been shot down by a surface-to-air missile operated by the Iranian-backed Houthi group. Another official, however, cautioned it was too early to say who was responsible,” adds Fox.
JUST IN: A U.S. military drone was shot down over Yemen on Tuesday – officials pic.twitter.com/jE2hPLkvhn
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) August 21, 2019
A similar incident occurred last June, when Iranian-backed rebels destroyed an unmanned American aircraft.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.