BREAKING NEWS: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand Quits 2020 Race for the White House

Originally published at: BREAKING NEWS: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand Quits 2020 Race for the White House | Sean Hannity

New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand quit her 2020 quest for the Democratic nomination Wednesday evening; officially ending her bid to take-on President Trump in the coming months.

“I know this isn’t the result we wanted. We wanted to win this race,” Gillibrand said in a video posted to Twitter. “But it’s important to know when it’s not your time and to know how you can best serve your community and country. I believe I can best serve by helping to unite us to beat Donald Trump in 2020.”

Today, I am ending my campaign for president.

I am so proud of this team and all we've accomplished. But I think it’s important to know how you can best serve.

To our supporters: Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Now, let's go beat Donald Trump and win back the Senate. pic.twitter.com/xM5NGfgFGT

— Kirsten Gillibrand (@SenGillibrand) August 28, 2019

“A sad day for the Democrats, Kirsten Gillibrand has dropped out of the Presidential Primary. I’m glad they never found out that she was the one I was really afraid of!” posted President Trump on Twitter.

A sad day for the Democrats, Kirsten Gillibrand has dropped out of the Presidential Primary. I’m glad they never found out that she was the one I was really afraid of!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 28, 2019

“Thank you for being part of this race, @SenGillibrand, and for your unwavering commitment to fighting for women—from reproductive rights to paid leave. Your voice has been strong and clear, and your determination is always on display. I’m proud to keep fighting alongside you,” added Sen. Elizabeth Warren.

Thank you for being part of this race, @SenGillibrand, and for your unwavering commitment to fighting for women—from reproductive rights to paid leave. Your voice has been strong and clear, and your determination is always on display. I'm proud to keep fighting alongside you.

— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) August 28, 2019

Read the full report at The Hill.