BORDER CRISIS: Federal Agents Detained 27,518 Migrants in December Alone

Originally published at: BORDER CRISIS: Federal Agents Detained 27,518 Migrants in December Alone | Sean Hannity

President Trump highlighted the escalating crisis occurring along the US-Mexico border during his prime-time speech Tuesday night, with new data showing federal agents detained 27,518 migrants in December alone.

“Border Patrol agents apprehended 27,518 members of family units in December, the highest monthly total on record. That figure has steadily been climbing now for five months,” writes USA Today.

“Those caravan members, most of whom have been trying to exercise their legal right to request asylum in the U.S., contributed to a third straight month of more than 60,000 migrants being detained at U.S. ports of entry and arrested in the vast stretches of border in between,” adds the article.

Leading Democrats Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer flat-out refused to acknowledge the national security issue along the southern border Tuesday; saying President Trump had “manufactured a crisis” and was “stoking fear” for political purposes.

Read the full report here.

LOL, please stop this foolishness. It is not working

1 Like

Of course the vast majority did not try to cross illegally, but that won’t be mentioned!

1 Like

All of the 27,518 did indeed try to cross illegally, otherwise they would not have been apprehended. Actually, the 27,518 were just family members crossing illegally. Total illegals have been running 60,000 per month, according to the article.

There are no immigrants sneaking across the boarder in such large numbers. These are staged numbers and photo ops for heir Trump and his xenophobic warriors to detain people of color and punish their children.

Immigrants only come to the US through ports of entry and create stable, successful, crime free lively hoods at no expense to you. Manufactured crisis.

So…I can rely on data released by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Or I can rely on an unsupported opinion by an anonymous internet poster.

Hmmmmm…

You mean Trump’s customs and border protection. They will report whenever Trump wants and you guys would believe any damn thing he says.

There is no crisis.

False.

Those caravan members, most of whom have been trying to exercise their legal right to request asylum in the U.S., contributed to a third straight month of more than 60,000 migrants being detained at U.S. ports of entry and arrested in the vast stretches of border in between,”

It clearly states that the primary contribution is migrants being DETAINED AT PORTS OF ENTRY.

Claiming asylum after you enter the US illegally is still illegal entry.
Same as if you rob a bank and claim asyllum. It doesn’t do away with the crime.

It says port of entry buddy.

…and arrested in the vast stretches of border in between…"

buddy

I only said most, not all. You have yet to prove me wrong, buddy.

Ummm… you make the claim, you prove the split between turned themselve in and caught.

buddy

And these are just people who have been apprehended. Obviously, all who have NOT been apprehended are those who did not turn themselves in at ports of entry…

Funny, no one talks about the thousands of people being killed by gun violence yearly. No one talks about white men committing murder such as the Las Vegas killer, Sandy Hook killer, Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school killings, old white trump supporter sending pipe bombs in the mail, a white NAZI hitting a woman in Charlottesville, VA White Nationalist protest, and many other mass shootings that have taken place.

But we need a wall to scare the ■■■■ out of us because of a phony crisis. Spare me.

Forgot you said “most” alread? buddy

Nope, you said ALL:

[quote=“DougBH, post:4, topic:107574, full:true”]
All of the 27,518 did indeed try to cross illegally [/quote]

Is your memory that short? I simply showed how false that statement is, as being detained at a port of entry for asylum is not illegal entry…

buddy.

There goes the goal posts, so now you don’t really know where you stand, huh? :confounded:

1 Like

Yes. Against illegal immigration.

And just make up statistics to advance it, yes, we get it.