BOOKER: It’s ‘Patriotic’ to Raise Taxes, Says Americans Must ‘Invest in Each Other’

Originally published at: BOOKER: It’s ‘Patriotic’ to Raise Taxes, Says Americans Must ‘Invest in Each Other’ | Sean Hannity

New Jersey Senator Cory Booker refused to rule-out a series of tax hikes should he win the White House over the weekend; saying America is “far more patriotic than people are expressing” and citizens now need to “invest in each other.”

“We live in a nation with far more patriotism than people are expressing,” Booker said. “What I mean is folks want the best for the country. We know if your family doesn’t have a great public school, great health care, we’re all suffering and creating greater costs.”

“I’m going to run a campaign that speaks to all of America… I don’t think Democrats should be defined by beating Republicans,” he added. “We should be defined by uniting Americans. This is a moment where across this country, farm towns, factory towns, cities to suburbs, we have so much common pain where Americans are seeing, from the cost of prescription drugs, cost of college, we’re all hurting because we have not envisioned an economy that invests in each other.”