Bolsonaro Wins Brazil Presidential Election

Just like the Trumpers here, Trump himself is falling over himself eager to make love to the next dictator on the block:
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1056885392522260480?s=21

I don’t see any reason to call it one.

This won’t backfire at all

Don’t think he’s the type that will willingly give up power when his time is over.

Sounds like arguments in post-WWI Germany.

John Oliver sources the ■■■■ out of everything he does.

I can tell you’ve never watched him if you don’t think he’s a serious person or that he’s simply a hyper-partisan.

1 Like

Another pen pal for Trump love letters?

Do you realize how dehumanizing you sound when you reduce everything to economic terms?

“I don’t care if he persecutes gays. I have a job and the trains run on time”.

2 Likes

Kind of like justifying anything the President does because “Supreme Court”,

The right is taking “a means to an end” to a whole new level these days.

Will this one work?

It’s in the economy.

Now obviously if isolating gay people & denying women the right to even improve their education, or sitting them in jail with child in tow for their rapes becomes a way of life, than that’s wrong.

But a majority of the electorate picked him. I’m going to leave it as that really is their decision whose results are on them.

1 Like

So far, the mayhas strictly stuck his foot in his mouth about them, much as Trump.

And a majority of Brazilians picked him—possibly to improve their economy.

Jobs. Infrastructure—familiar with the fetid, standing water in the Recife region that has contributed to zika birth defects? How are economic improvements in the infrastructure to improve that situation “dehumanizing”?

They elected a guy who said they should have killed more people under the military dictatorship…

Libs unsuccessful in the US are angry and hurt now because of what Brazil’s people want?

Well…Apparently Brazil needs American libs to go there and rescue the people from themselves.

I hope they continue to post here though. Send us a postcard otherwise, libs

It’s the face of backlash.

Jair Bolsonaro declared Brazil's next president | Jair Bolsonaro | The Guardian

“We cannot continue flirting with communism … We are going to change the destiny of Brazil

Sounds alot like Obama’s "We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.”

Libs cheered such rhetoric.

You realize that is your statement about gays, not the posters you are quoting? That is a strawman argument and a favorite on this forum. How many times I have been paraphrased in ways that are nothing like what I said.

1 Like

“I would be incapable of loving a gay son. I wouldn’t be a hypocrite. I prefer that he die in an accident than show up with some guy with a moustache.” - Bolsonaro - 2016

I’m sure some posters on the thread would have been vocally opposed to sending U S troops to Iraq.

They have a system. Who are we to try & control it?

But Brazil, hmm, gotta watch out for their majority choice.

It is precisely her statement.

It is not my fault you guys are compartmentalizing so much you can’t see the very clear implications of your own words and statements.

You have to want to overcome your tribalism and partisan blindness. It isn’t just going to happen.

Right now…on these very boards…we have people praising a guy who wants to be a brutal dictator because “at least he’s not a leftist”.

Not even hiding it anymore.

What is there not to love about someone who said they will allow police to act more violently.

No, its not what she said at all, and it had a totally different meaning. I am not your reading comprehension teacher though. Apparently no one was.

1 Like