Bob Woodward’s Stunning Look into the Presidency

Imagine if someone just read aloud all of the Red Hat Brigade’s posts here to you, just screamed them into your ear. That’s what today felt like. The meeting where Tillerson called Trump a ■■■■■■■ moron was basically a big discussion about trade, and Bannon brought up the Iran deal and challenged everyone in the room to name one “ally” who would support Trump for backing out of it. He then declared that we don’t need allies and Europe and European businesses are all ■■■■■■■■■

Well no ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ you ■■■■■ No one is going to go along with you violating the terms of the agreement when Iran is in compliance. Bannon is smart enough to bait stupid people into doing his bidding, but dumb enough to miss the fact that he’s a necrotic boil on the ass of society.

Bannon really thought he was starting a revolution.
Yeah I agree about bannon.he doesnt inspire leadership

Cohn pushed back on the book’s claims Tuesday, while Trump has repeatedly called the book a “scam.”

These aren’t “claims” by Woodward, these are reports from members of Trump’s cabinet and advisors. I’d say there are a few of these incidents which deserve their own thread. Some of these events described would certainly have warranted a dozen separate threads, if it were President Obama.

1 Like

especially during the days of Nixon.

which we’re now repeating.

Actually, I voted Cruz for much the same reason. Once Trump got the nomination though, I knew the Republican Party was a lost cause. That was confirmed later when Cruz sold out.

Remember that time during the campaign when candidate Trump said he would run up a whole bunch of debt to spur on the economy and if it didn’t work out he would tell our creditors to take a haircut?

Why do people find it so credulous that the President has no idea how sovereign debt works?

Man that’s awesome…nothing makes good debate better than when one uses a 14 year olds made up names. Total credibility in this post. It really drives the point home.

How very Trump like of you!

3 Likes

ah, but you’re being unkind to 14 year olds. That’s more of an 11 year old playing Fortnite type of insult.

2 Likes

Lol… You’re probably right.

Well now that we have to just discuss everything in one mega thread, some interesting anecdotes provided to “wordshard” that the red hatters might like, aside from the aforementioned McCabe/Priebus interaction:

Trump actually expressed human emotions at the funeral of William Owens, the first person killed under Trump in the Yemen raid, and was apparently very shaken after the experience because he’s never really been around death.

Whether or not you think this is good or bad is in the eye of the beholder, but when Trump would call the families of people KIA, he would get their file, tell the loved ones he was reading it and ■■■■■■■■ a bunch of facts about how great they were. He said he was essentially telling them what they wanted to hear.

truth…

I just hate the thought of paying $15 for an electronic book…that’s a huge markup.

I got it through Audible for 12 bucks. I hate what’s happened to kindle prices in the last few years.

Sure sounds like what you were implying. And, in any event, she didn’t. He was never going to win.

There are Kindle deals every day, though not for a book that’s new like that. But occasionally, some excellent deals. Katy Tur’s book was on sale for $3.99 a couple of months ago for a day. I was ticked at that since I paid full price for it. Joe Biden’s also was on sale recently and I bought that one, too.

That was bigly of you.

The denials are for public consumption. Trump is under no illusion that his staff doesn’t grumble and call him names. I don’t for one second doubt that Woodward is telling the truth in that regard and that Trump knows exactly what took place.

Does any one in this forum not grumble about their boss in private? Get real.

Everyone knows the truth which makes the denials look particularly pathetic.

Do they really expect us to believe their lies?