Bloomberg: Business Bankruptcies Soar in August

We can’t keep blaming COVID or life support form the COVID era for this
(states began re-opening in 2020 and even NYC city workers were ordered back to work July 1 2021)

There is a very very serious surge in bankruptcies.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-09-05/businesses-bankruptcies-soar-in-august-as-interest-rates-bite

From the article

The number of commercial bankruptcies increased nearly 17% in August compared to July, according to data company Epiq Bankruptcy. That marks the 13th consecutive month that total bankruptcies, including families and individuals, have logged year-over-year increases, according to the American Bankruptcy Institute.

By one measure — the number of Chapter 11 petitions filed — bankruptcies climbed by 54% year-over-year in August.

Here is a long term chart form something called “Apollo Academy”

Add 13% to the end of that I guess.

Bidenomics also means fewer jobs for Americans and more jobs for immigrants.

How are businesses possibly going bankrupt in this robust Bideconomy??

1 Like

Been over 2 hours and not one single lib here attempted correct OP…or tried to tell us how successful Biden economic is working.

1 Like

Well in fairness, a few liberals are anti (american) business and probably consider this a Biden success.

Whatever pushback I get from my doom-and-gloom posts seems to imitate the Whitehouse strategy in saying “No, actually the employment market is good and everything is fine.” Well that and to divide America and demonize parts of it (banks, oil companies, pharma companies, white hetero couples, rich people etc…)

I suspect they are worried about maxing out their credit cards in the near future.

1 Like