Biden's Latest Proposal is Tanking the Market

It truly is the Bernie Sanders presidency, as this is only the beginning. Can’t say I have much sympathy for the Democratic donor class, as they voted for this. Unfortunately, the rest of us will also have to suffer with a White House that’s hell bent on crushing the economy during a pandemic.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-22/biden-to-propose-capital-gains-tax-as-high-as-43-4-for-wealthy?utm_content=business&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_medium=social&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business

Better get used to more stock drops.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/stocks-sink-on-worries-over-higher-taxes/ar-BB1fWwfC

1 Like

Tanking? The market is at 33k. Sounds like pure BDS.

Boo hoo, rich stock brokers might have to pay more taxes on their monopoly money gains, I’m devastated. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh no … how will the wealthy survive?

2 Likes

By not taking a profit until after Joe is history and so is his tax.

4 Likes

The fallacy in this line of thought is the belief that Democratic tax hikes don’t impact people that aren’t one-percenters.

1 Like

Yes, he’s tanking it with words.

If it had a chance of passing, we’d be down 2,000 points,” said Thomas Hayes, chairman and managing member at hedge fund Great Hill Capital LLC.

Oh no. Stock market only up 10% since Biden took over three months ago.

1 Like

I have a 401k

3 Likes

Thanks to Trumps vaccine

2 Likes

I thought 401ks were exempt from capital gains taxes?

They’re not exempt from the market.

6 Likes

She’ll be right mate

Anyway the the lord the drop wasn’t as bad as the day the Dow dropped 1,777.57 points, equivalent to a 7.55-percent drop, under the previous guy

2 Likes

While true very few folks have sizable investments outside of a 401k or IRA, typically folks that have large non-qualified investments account’s tend to be the upper class

How will the very wealthy ever get by?

1 Like

What percentage of the market is owned by what percentage of the population and what’s their income

It is a crazy statistic you are bringing up there.

2 Likes

That’s one of the funnier things i have read on here.

Day traders and short term traders will not disappear.

Donald Trump once said if you raise my taxes I’ll invest my money, if you lower my taxes I’ll spend more money. Either way I win. :wink:

1 Like

Today: SPY is down .91%

L O L

It’s called a dip, buy it.

1 Like