Biden releases 'gender equity' plan that calls for eliminating cash bail

We don’t see beating dogs as working… yet for some reason beating children is okay… wild.

I only got noticeable bruises one time. And I definitely deserved it. I was a piss ant in middle school. I felt like a teacher wasn’t being fair to me. I mouthed off and told him to go ■■■■ himself.

My granddad clocked out from work, came and picked me up, and beat my ass. That’s the only one I can recall that was an actual beating. But I deserved it. After that… never had any issues after that one.

How many kids you got?

1 Like

A spanking is not a beating.

A canine is not interchangeable with a human child.

Neither should be abused.

You are right… but for some reason we know that beating a dog does not work to instill the behaiviors that we want out of it but a child… yep… it works.

Once again… wild.

And that some here advocate that people who are not parents but are agents of the State should be permitted to dole out that physical punishment is double wild.

Children aren’t the same as dogs. Canines don’t understand why you are physically punishing them after the infraction has occurred. Because they lack self awareness. They operate solely on instinct.

A human child, after a certain age, understand consequences and have self awareness. They understand why they are being punished, so a lesson is learned. Which is the point of physical discipline. To teach them that certain behavior cannot be tolerated.

But there is a difference between physical discipline and physical abuse. A very big difference.

I’ll admit that I’m not ok with someone else whipping my hypothetical kid.

My grandparents always handled it. They told the school to keep me in the office until one of them got there. They would handle the physical discipline.

Also, the physical discipline won’t work on its own. It has to be a response to an action that the child has already been instructed on.

Example of myself I gave earlier is a good example. I was taught that mouthing off and using profanity at teachers was wrong and could not be tolerated. The physical punishment came after I decided to disregard that teaching. Not before.

That is a very thin line if there is a line at all.

That sort of punishment isn’t that great at encouraging compliance… it only makes people more careful to not get caught.

Well… not you… but some on here are fine with it. Pine for the days when it was the norm even.

If it is used solely by itself, you’re right.

It has to be combined with other methods of discipline.

If other methods of discipline are on the table… then why does physical punishment have to be a tool to use?

I agree with him.

I have 2. I don’t beat them, but they are disciplined.

It’s a tool to be used when the infraction is severe enough to warrant it.

Depends on your definition. My parents use to say “I’ll beat your ass if you do X” if I did X, what is actually got was a spanking.

The purpose for disciplining one’s child is to instill the lesson that actions have consequences and to develop a child’s obedience to their adult parent. Children need discipline and the ability to measure actions to potential consequences if they are to succeed in the adult world. And why a child, with no, or limited, experience, and a child’s view of the world, needs to be obedient to their more experienced and mature parent shouldn’t need to be explained.

“Beat”

Sit this one out.

How many?

Yes “beat”. Black people don’t say “spanking”.