Biden makes it official with a "Disinformation Governance Board"

No offense, but you do not know crap. You do appear to have some warped feelings though.

Prison? Why is she going to prison?

I concur.

1 Like

Social media disinformation is dominated by 4 small minorities; Extreme left, Extreme right, Trolls, and Russian intelligence doing their best to mess with our democracy…which has been going on for decades.

Because a fanfic song from 14 years ago about a book that she grew up on will surely send her to prison because filth! These threads are beginning to intertwine…. Love it

So you are Ok with a foreign adversary, using bots and other tools to manipulate Americans to disrupt and damage our democratic republic?

I’m not ok with the Federal government making decisions on what truth is. That is the purview of the people, not the state. The state is inherently biased as its natural instinct is its own preservation. The people can make their own decisions. For better or for worse.

It’s a dangerous road to go down. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. This situation fits that old axiom. It’s a breach of the social contract.

5 Likes

That’s… not helping the discussion.

1 Like

What’s good for one isn’t good for the other.

That is the central debate in a republic. Everything comes down to that central truth.

is that what they will be doing? Or will they present instances of disinformation, ie vaccines have chips in them to track people, and explain there is no evidence that is happening? And challenge people to do more resarch?

As @Supreme_War_Pig has been stating…let’s see what this actually becomes.

It is sad, that so many on the extreme right, and some on the left believe these crazy theories, and/or refuse to believe provable facts, with evidence. (Yes, there are more crazies on the right, than the left…at this time…it did not used to be like this…the Birch society is now running the Republican party, and RW media…most cons and pubs used to not fall for that crap…what used to be the fringe, is now the majority)

What do you mean by central truth?

They shouldn’t be involved at all.

It is the people who make those decisions.

No matter how one frames it, it is antithetical to a republic of free citizens for the state to involve itself in matters of perceived truth.

The republican thing to do is to leave it in the hands of the people.

1 Like

When the state is involved, some will win and some will lose.

That is why a republic is an inherently unstable form of government and state. All law and policies affect people differently. It creates the division and radicalizes opposing factions.

Consensus is a myth. It depends on whose ideals dominate the course of debate.

Government oversight happens all the time. That is all this appears to be.
There is no ministry of truth,and it is not going all Goebbels.

I generally agree with this. Except the consensus part…there will never bo 100% consensus, but we need to be able to agree on basic facts.

In general, except for a few outliers…that is what we have been doing for about a century…except for about the last 10 years.

I think that’s a reasonable concern: in a country with a free media, why does the government need to be in the fact checking business?

Again, we just don’t have enough info on how this is going to work. But I assume that it will be a clearing house for fact checks on government business. CDC, Treasury, stuff like that. I doubt that they will be reaching down into articles about the Kardashians, or whatever.

1 Like

And I have no use for lying deceiving libs that refuse to admit their true intentions.

2 Likes

You libs have done everything I predicted here for over decade and half…and you all still in denial.

3 Likes

I cannot speak for all, but all I am denying, is your warped perception of reality.

I’ll ask you again: what do you think my intentions are?