Biden / HARRIS Policy Discussion

Big assumption here

Sorry…you need to have your own skin in the game.

5 Likes

A lot of this debt is middle-aged people who got rolled by the technical school boom of the early 2010s. That’s exactly what they were trying to do, coming out of the great recession.

So…they are now being undermined by importing cheap replacement. In which you voted for when yo voted for Biden.

And now libs want people to bail em out?

2 Likes

I don’t see why that would happen… but there would be a lot of money released into the economy that was formally servicing a debt for knowledge scheme.

I couldnt go to college. I joined the Military and took care of my family. Why should I be required to pay your college loans? I also refinanced my paid off house so I could pay for my daughters college without her taking on any debt.

Why should I be for this? Pay for your own college like you promised to when you took out the loans.

6 Likes

The whole “why should I be forced to pay for …” is a rather silly argument that to me doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.

This is about how we choose to allocate government resources.

Reducing a bunch of personal debt that is dragging on the economy benefits us all.

It allows people to spend money into the economy instead of servicing a knowledge for debt business plan.

2 Likes

Then why don’t you pay ALL my debt off. Make my life easier and benefit us all because now I have more money to blow on stupid ■■■■ instead of debts I chose to take on and promised to repay.

6 Likes

It does? Than why dont we send every person in the country 1 million dollars? Think about it. They could pay their student debt off, Have money left over for a house and car, and think of all the money they would have to “Stimulate” the economy! You know, since they would be millionaires and wouldnt have to worry about servicing their debt.

3 Likes

Why should I be forced to pay for Medicare? Or the military? Why should I pay taxes for my local schools when I send my kids to private school?

1 Like

I want them to bail us out by spending that money in the economy instead of burning it in a hole. If they pay their loans this month, what happens? Nothing.

If they spend the equivalent amount of money locally, that’s a huge boost.

You made the decision, received the benefit…now cut the check…just like I had to. No…you aren’t special.

2 Likes

I wonder if any of us that paid off their loan that took nearly 10 years will get a refund.

4 Likes

Did you promise to pay your student loans when you borrowed the money? So, am I to believe your word isnt worth much?

This is simple…cut the check that you agreed to do.

1 Like

Would you allow student loans to be included in bankruptcies? If no, why?

Put a reset on a financial system that has benefited greatly from taxpayer largess while continually profiting from the same public with little oversight?

Don’t threaten me with a good time.

2 Likes

@PurpnGold Please forgive me. I am just now seeing this question.

On the surface, I see no reasons why Student Debt shouldnt be included as any other debt.

There could be a problem though and perhaps this is what the lawmakers were thinking of. Very often, a person making minimum wage will declare bankruptcy anytime he is 3k or more in debt. He pays a lawyer 1500 to file and wipes clean the 3k. A person making minimum wage doesnt usually have any collectable assets. Once the person goes through bankruptcy court, all of his debts are wiped clean.

So if Student Debt could be wiped clean, what would prevent a scam of the system where a person takes 60k in college debt. Then graduates, and declares bankruptcy before ever taking their first job? Then 60 days after graduation, they would have no debt at all and everything they make as a result of their education is theirs to keep. Perhaps this is what the lawmakers were trying to avoid.

I am not for this at all. I was also against the bail outs of the banks. If the banks make risky loans, they alone should bear the penalty

2 Likes

Why don’t you indicate why they aren’t allowed? There are reasons.