Biden goes full fascist: Get the shot or get fired

:roll_eyes:

The assertion was " I have had 3 vaccinations and wear an N91" As it turns out there appears to be no “N91” mask. Why are you so intent on defending the poster’s apparent inaccurate comment? Hopefully the poster doesn’t confuse measurement doses when administering drugs.

JWK

A few competing thoughts here, but live at let live, so to speak.

He also mentioned it being an ASTM3 mask and even admitted he may have had the N91 wrong. A little half minute investigation cleared it up.

Why am I more risky to patients if the only difference between you and me is that I have already had Covid and you have a vax?

5 Likes

You never answered my question.

Why are you so intent on defending the poster’s apparent inaccurate comment?

JWK

Yet that is the standard reply. DD said that is the general plan of attack at the hospital. They send the majority home with/without meds depending, and only keep someone on oxygen/additional issues in the hospital for the most part.

Common sense is in short supply FROM the left.
No I do not support limiting freedom just because you are an employee of any organization, government especially.

Freedom FIRST, over safety, convoluted leftist “common sense”, or any other EXCUSE to remove our freedom.

2 Likes

The thread above mentioned a history of religious exemption. Does a person have to freedom to change their mind?
I read the Bible and sometimes, okay pretty much every time, learn something new I didn’t know or consider before. Also,many people become more religious as they get older. Many people may go through a trauma and become more religious.

The government nor ones job shouldn’t be in the business of judging my commitment to my religion.

2 Likes

Not practicing medicine.

Do you support the freedom of private businesses to set the workplace rules for employees and customers?

Or should big government come in and tell them that you can’t have vaccine mandates and/or require masks during a pandemic?

WW

Appreciate the effort but I have had enough of the ankle biting so I just used the nice features on this forum to avoid dealing with this poster in the future.

Masks are graded according to their resistance to oil and the level of particle filtration. N means it is not resistant to oil. ASTM3 masks are also not resistant to oil. The N95 means you have no resistance to oil and are 95% effective in filtration. But it is a respirator, meaning it provides a tight seal. An ASTM3 mask is 91-92% effective, so in effect it is N91, but it isn’t a respirator so in all honesty should be regarded as just a superb substitute to a respirator, given a decent fit on the face.

My lab calls these N91s to denote their particle effectiveness, and they work well. Whether that fits the standard nomenclature doesn’t mean much to me, that is just what I call them and that doesn’t degrade my effectiveness as a health care provider.

Our friend can take his little victory and enjoy it, I happily concede that is not the correct OSHA term for the mask and in retrospect it would have been wiser to fact check what I called the mask before posting that. I won’t know his reaction, since that time has now passed.

1 Like

At a time when credibility needs restored…It suffers another setback.

Fudging numbers is never a good idea.

3 Likes

How many times do I need to answer that? You left out a lot of the quote from me. You are ignoring the answers so are not an honest debater.

Wow, just wow!

2 Likes

Actually I’m a very honest debater.

I provided my input on employers and their ability to provide a save work environment for their customers.

You says FREEDOM over safety, well what about the rights to employer.

WW

Freedom FIRST, over safety, convoluted leftist “common sense”, or any other EXCUSE to remove our freedom.
[/quote]

Gotta disagree, Ceasar.

This debate isn’t really about freedom versus safety. Too simple. The debate here is how does a leader of a Democracy with the guarantee of personal freedoms best balance that guarantee with collective needs; health, safety, security, etc.

Your simple distillation of this argument implies one side is for freedom and the other not; a narrative that is not only grossly incorrect but ignores the intrinsic, perennial, maddeningly difficult and noble struggle that is Democracy.

Yes, leaders have erred, and yes some may lean (at a given moment) more towards personal freedoms over collective needs or its opposite. But all Americans are wild about their personal freedoms, and the issue front and center today, vaccine mandates, demonstrates this perfectly. Both sides of the issue want to exercise and protect their sacred freedoms. Equally. They just place different emphases on those freedoms.

1 Like

Atta girl!

Gotta disagree, Ceasar.

This debate isn’t really about freedom versus safety. Too simple. The debate here is how does a leader of a Democracy with the guarantee of personal freedoms best balance that guarantee with collective needs; health, safety, security, etc.

Your simple distillation of this argument implies one side is for freedom and the other not; a narrative that is not only grossly incorrect but ignores the intrinsic, perennial, maddeningly difficult and noble struggle that is Democracy.

Yes, leaders have erred, and yes some may lean (at a given moment) more towards personal freedoms over collective needs or its opposite. But all Americans are wild about their personal freedoms, and the issue front and center today, vaccine mandates, demonstrates this perfectly. Both sides of the issue want to exercise and protect their sacred freedoms. Equally. They just place different emphases on those freedoms.
[/quote]

Great post.

Well, that does clear the matter up and I appreciate your candor.

My original response to your post was based upon my training in hazardous materials, and in that training I learned neither a medical mask or N95 respirator, will provide protection against viral loaded aerosols. They do, however, reduce the transmission distance of a wearer who is infected with, e.g., the COVID virus.

The bottom line is, mask wearing has provided a false sense of protection against COVID infection, and may even have contributed to needless infections.

JWK

jesus christ above

shes so ■■■■■■■ stupid

i lost count of how many bars, restaurants etc around me have closed now due to lack of staff. the pharmacy wait times are ridiculous. lines are long everywhere

she is quite literally stupid, per the actual definition

stupid egotistical people in positions of power wreck society

4 Likes