Biden Announces Re-election Bid

Minimizing the profound impact of Pelosi being gone is fine by us. Nonetheless the GOP is in a superior position to get the Biden testimony out there for those who are open to hearing both sides heading into the next General Election…

1 Like

There is no profound impact. What are you without the senate and the executive?

Guess who has appointed more federal judges than any president before him?

There won’t be any Biden testimony.

The gop (better than anyone including the dems) knows that they are only making noise

Do you think voters cared about Russian collusion investigation

There are two definitions of energy independence:

1. Energy Independence: We produce more than we consume. This is the definition applied during the previous administration. By that definition, we are currently energy independent and have been for a while. In any case, I don’t believe Biden has much control over energy prices in a global market like the one we live in.

2. Energy Independence: We don’t import any oil or other energy sources. In that case, we are not, never have been, and never will be in the foreseeable future.

1 Like
  1. Energy independence - a promise by a politician that’s is not controllable by the politician.

1 Like

At best we can agree to disagree. The plea deal got derailed in large part because the judge got to read what the IRS whistleblowers testified to. Devon Archer is Monday…chipping away.

1 Like

I’ll consider that. Here’s the problem: Do you think Trump would accept a pardon from Joe Biden, and the implied power dynamic, implied subordination, and implicit admission of guilt? Do you think his base would? I don’t. Why would they? Why would you?

When you say, “Call his dogs off,” do you mean because Trump is clearly innocent, or do you mean because it would (presumably) be a non-partisan “healing” gesture?

If it’s the former, that pleases one half of the divide, but alienates the other.

If it’s the latter: you gotta be kidding me. You think if Biden unilaterally intervened in these investigations on Trump’s behalf, Trump and his fans would say: “Wow, Joe Biden is a real uniter!” I don’t think so. It’s absurd.

2 Likes

No it did not

Why imagine things

The judge is one voter. In politics by the way

At this point, it’s kind of stupid. Plus, it doesn’t matter if we’re objectively “energy independent” or not.

The rule is: when Trump is president, we’re energy independent. When Biden is president, we’re not, even though it’s his easy call to make and whatever. The gas price lever is right next to the inflation lever in the Oval Office. Whether we’re in fact “energy independent” doesn’t seem to matter.

2 Likes

By pleasing that one half, Biden still gains net votes. In a close election that could make the difference? And taking the proverbial high road would be a magnanimous gesture. They could then take to the streets of America trying to earn people votes the old fashioned way. Biggest problem Joe and Kamala are having is optics. Campaigning from the basement again worked last time with the pandemic but not ideal this time around. Agree or disagree?

Wait, though. You said Biden could help the US achieve energy independence, which would be a big bonus for him and the country. Okay. We’re energy independent and have been. So given it was your specific suggestion, does that change your view of Biden at all? Seems like it should, given that you appear to have been mistaken about current circumstances.

Bill Clinton pivoted after the Dems lost the House in mid terms. Being humble with people here in America is received well. So if Biden suddenly announced the oil and gas is going to be harvested here essentially full tilt, until at least the Ukraine and Russia war is resolved I think that would be a winning campaign formula in general.

Side bar: barrel of oil went to $80 this week. Gas prices nationally up to $3.71 per gallon. Imagine Biden getting price under $3.00 for Christmas and likewise with gas for winter months…

La Rona changed your metrics.

No. No. No.

How so?

Also, why would you want to argue about the difference between these two sentences?

1. Despite the recent bout of optimism, a recession may still be in the cards.

2. While a recession could still be in the cards, there are reasons to be optimistic after two years of recession fears.

The difference is really that important to you?

Read the article.

I did. I literally used verbatim language from it in my last post, which you . . . don’t seem to recognize. Again, what is it about the difference between these two positions?

1. “Despite the recent bout of optimism, a recession may still be in the cards.” This is literally the thesis of the article you’re asking me to read. Look it up. It’s a reasonable position. I’m glad you linked it

2. “While there’s still reason for concern, a recession may not be in the cards.”

Why does possibility #2 drive you to weird twitches like this? For me, it’s fascinating: it’s like watching a bird bang into a glass window, a fish listen to an explanation of what “water” is, or an apple fall up. But I can’t imagine what you get out of it.

1 Like

Close enough. If the man paid twenty bucks, he paid too much.

And you still are not factoring in that the buyer owed Hunter’s old man considerably.

Act alike, not look.

1 Like